Saturday, May 26, 2012

Double Down!

To celebrate the premiere of Marvel: Avengers movie, Singapore Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) had a special limited-time menu called Double Down since mid-April to mid-May. When you buy the Double Down meal, you can add $3.80 for upsize of Pepsi and Marvel: Avengers toys ^^ The toys aside, the Double Down burger itself looks sinfully tempting. It is essentially a burger with bread replaced with Zinger chicken patties. Between the chicken patties are bacon and cheese. Yum yum!! Fat fat!!

 
I ate 3x to get Captain America, Thor, and Hulk. For the last one, Iron Man, I asked my friend to help me buy the toy when she ate that. Haha.. I just met her this afternoon to get the Iron Man. The toys are pretty good. Initially I had no intention to buy or collect them at all. I only wanted to eat the burger. However, when I saw the sample as I was ordering, I thought that the face looked pretty nicely done. That was during the Captain America's period. Now comparing the 4 of them, I only dislike Thor's face.


To my surprise, the toys are not just figurines but they are interactive as well! There is a button which can be pressed at the back of each toy. Pressing it causes Captain America's shield to spin, Thor's arm to swing down (and the Mjolnir got thrown!! no wonder his grip on Mjolnir is flimsy), Hulk's arms to raise (and 'smash' down when the button is released), and Iron Man's hand to go up and the light on his chest to light up (unfortunately, the light is not exactly in the middle of the 'panel' on his chest! oh well, cheapo stuff so I shall not complain).

Overall, not bad for toys from fast food chain sia.. My only regret is that Black Widow and Hawkeye are not featured. It's gonna be cool if Hawkeye can shoot his arrow.. And I don't know what Black Widow can do. Sigh.. Might as well make it to 6 weeks promotion although it is going to clash with Hello Kitty promotion from McDonalds. That will be another story (after I collect all the toys).

Disclaimer: I am not paid by KFC to make this post. Haha..

No comments: