Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tourist

Singapore is indeed a nice country.. erm to visit and to shop, not to work and live :p For the past 3 days, I am doing nothing except going to Orchard and Bugis until sian. As usual I always visit Kinokuniya for new books if there are any. Since I knew my contract was expiring, I went to M1 shop in both Paragon and Bugis with the hope of different availability. I don't know what made me go the computer at Bugis to try whether I was eligible for recontract but I am glad I did. I always thought I could only recontract in 1st May leh! Haha.. So yeah, just nice to be able to settle this when work has not started. That was why I went again on Thursday to really survey the phones I was likely to get and finally on Friday to get the phone.

I did a blood donation on Thursday. Now they have a "blood donor" card which is making my wallet even thicker. Anyway, the card is not bad. It is made of plastic, not paper, and there is my name, identification number, and blood group. There is a barcode so in the future, I believe they will just scan this card instead of requesting my identification. At the back, there is a thing to scan (I don't know what the thing is called) with mobile phone to book appointment. Kinda neat.. After the blood donation, I noticed a poster saying that there was surprise for donating during my birthday month. Hmm.. I guess the surprise is there was NO surprise after all? Haha...

I also went to Bugis to help my sister look for Rhodonite. I don't think there is any so she will have to buy online. I am also looking for a singing bowl but Bugis is kinda dodgy with a price of $48 in a few shops. I guess I will have to buy online again. I need other cleaning method because my angelite dissolves in water (!) sigh.. no wonder I feel that it is looking worse day by day. I always wash it under tap water daily. Since my mum is also tempted to buy a bowl, I think no point having 2 bowls, I will try to find other methods ba..

Today I had my dental appointment. I was told that the gap between top and bottom front teeth are 3.5mm. The normal is 1-3mm. I am not too sure whether it will make any difference. Bite-wise, I think I am ready (or I give up!) to remove the braces. But there is one change I want: to level my bottom front teeth. After all, they are visible when I smile. So yup, I hope when that is done, the gap also reduces to 3mm. I am a bit pissed with the dentist leh! He should have told me to keep wearing rubber bands if it helps to reduce the gap. It could have saved me time! Bleah.. I wonder what he puts in his notes because everytime he always asks whether I got put or not. He never asks me to put of course I won't put lar!

Then I went to Liang Court but nothing to buy despite 20% off in Kinokuniya. There was Tokoso (or Yokoso?) Japanese exhibition at the ground floor. Can play Japanese arcade for free leh!! And there was no crowd! Too bad I was alone so I was a bit paiseh to try lar. The games are: dance, mario kart, guitar mania, drum mania, and Taiko no Tatsujin (with the real Japanese drum!!).. Aaaargh... I don't think there are fighting or shooting games though.

I have not really fiddled around with my new phone. No time sia.. Today I ended up checking all my stuff to look for my rosary ring :( I checked even the unlikely places such as the box where I keep my miscellaneous items (shoes, sleeping bags, insect repellants), my gadget box, my university notes container, etc. Sigh.. I can't believe that it goes missing. I always keep my rosaries together leh.. Those from WYD together, those from my baptism together, and one last stack together with the stuff I use frequently. I can remember clearly that it is definitely with me here in Singapore. I still remember I frequently saw it terribly dusty (the small white paper bag with blue picture) in PGP. I don't know why it is not together with the rest of the items in my mini "altar" because I put the rest of the prayer cards together in 1 ziplock bag. I am very sad. I keep so many rosaries (although I only use 1 which is my very first rosary since my primary school days) but I lose the most special one. This one is from Lourdes, given my aunt a few years back. I did not know what it was initially. But I know what it is now. And I need it!! Aaargh..

Just to show what a rosary ring or a finger rosary looks like
I thought I lost the gold pin for ties (was my grandfather's actually) but I managed to find it. So there is no way that I actually THROW away the rosary ring or something :( Could it be stolen? Sigh.. God help me find it or else I take it as a sign that I need to stop being a Catholic already :(

No comments: