Monday, April 2, 2012

Kimono

I bought these for more than 1 month ago. Prices were okay except for shipping which, as usual, inflated the total costs. To be honest, it is quite difficult to find kimono for male and hence the prices tend to be more expensive than the female ones. And if you ask me why I am buying these, they are for my pajamas o_0 Haha.. Yup I don't have any pajamas in Singapore and the air con in my room is too powerful :p

Juban
This is the first piece that I bought. I thought it was the Kimono but I was wrong. Juban is more like a kimono wore underneath a kimono. Something like an underwear although it is not exactly an underwear. Lol.. For a really complete kimono set, there are still some other pieces (can't remember what they are called) which are really the underwear when wearing kimono. There are stains at the collar =x Sigh.. I am quite disappointed with this one. Blame it on inexperience simply because this is the first one. After buying this one, I found other jubans which have nicer design than this :( Oh well, to be honest, this is NOT that bad. Just the stains which irritate me :( Well, buying old stuff so I can't help it I guess.. Truthfully, it is a disappointed when COMPARED against other things. Otherwise, I find it quite nice and comfortable to wear. Lol.

Kimono
Okays, so this is the real Kimono. This is made of wool so it is quite heavy and thick. For my purpose of wearing, it is good because it keeps me warm. Haha.. It looks plain because this is what male kimonos are like. The jubans are the more colourful ones (which I thought kinda defeat the purpose since they are wear inside).

Haori
Haori is like a jacket worn on top of the Kimono. Yup, that's 3 layers already for me. Haha.. Again it is plain. And it is weird that the design is, again, INSIDE. Nobody can se the design. Zz.. I really don't understand Japanese..

Kaku Obi
At first, I was quite shocked to find how long the juban and the kimono are. After seeing how people wear kimono, I find out that I am missing another piece of cloth which functions as a belt. Basically after putting the juban and kimono, they are supposed to be folded until the suitable height, then tie with the belt thingy. I only manage to find kaku obi to tie the outer kimono. I can't really find the cloth to tie the inner juban. Bleah..

Anyway so far, I have yet to learn how to tie the Obi properly. A bit lazy to learn but I will! Yeah...

No comments: