Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Childhood treasures

Following up my previous post, I decided to buy the 2 mangas. After a bit of hunting, I managed to find all the published ones. I also bought Overdrive which is about biking because I have never read/bought anything related to biking sports. It is 17-volume long! Phew. I definitely will run out of space in my cupboard. As such, I rearranged the last rack in the cupboard which is supposed to be for all my various CDs/VCDs/DVDs. I removed some of the PS1 games which I have never played or I have the intention to play in the future. Not much but about 10 titles were removed. I also threw away some of the pirated movie VCDs. So actually I did not really free up a lot of spaces.

I am so lazy to try my PS to see whether it is still working. If it is, those PS games are here to stay. Otherwise, I *may* throw away somemore. It is not gonna be all though, perhaps I would keep some as memento. I have been wanting to do this since last December but laziness always gets the best of me. Sigh.. And now I am only left with like a week to go.

I found lots of treasures from my childhood days. I will try to listen the old CDs and cassettes as well as watch the old VCDs. Otherwise, what's the point of keeping them right? I even found 50+ floppy disks (yup the ancient ones). I think it contains pictures from the very very first computer in my house. Unfortunately, I don't even have a floppy disk reader now!! My hope in my sister's desktop was dashed! After the last round of servicing, the person stole the cable which connects the reader to the motherboard rendering the floppy disk reader unusable. Motherfucker sia that thief! Zz... I am considering to get a floppy disk reader (before they go extinct) but not sure whether it is gonna be worthwhile. What if all my disks are actually spoilt liao?

When I came home for holiday previously, I usually only listened to my christmas, classical, Spice Girls, and Tommy Page cassettes. This time I dug my box deeper to listen to others such as STEPS, Britney Spears, Westlife. Aaah, really tempts me to download the albums online leh!! Haha.. Kinda sick with all the Japanese songs in my laptop currently. I am also re-reading the Famous Five series (I keep them together with my cassettes). Not sure that I will be able to finish 21 books though. These are the only non-manga books which I owned when I was young. Julian, Dick, George, Anne, and Timmy. I still prefer them than Harry Potter leh! Lol.. Harry Potter is good, no doubt about that. But I still enjoy simpler, shorter, but no less exciting adventure stories from the ancient times. And I am surprised with the translation which was quite crude with words like dumb and idiots. I thought people were more conservative in the past. Lol
 The full set which I own :D
The only English version that I have. That time Gramedia sold the English version for awhile. Rp 27600,- each. That was considered a lot at that time. A comic was about Rp 3800,- so this worths 8 comics.
One thing that strikes me most is how I can somewhat remember these things from my childhood years even though I never touched/listened/read them for the past 9 years since I started my studies in Singapore. It is really amazing since I hardly can remember the things I memorise/study more recently. Perhaps if I learn pharmacy when I was 12, I will be a better pharmacist now eh? And talking about that, I just received the notification for the new revised pay. Ok, so the promise was not a lie, the increase is substantial indeed. Although it is still not according to my expectations :( After all HOs/MOs pays were at least 4k right? Oh well, talking about money, there can never be "enough" for an amount.

No comments: