Thursday, April 12, 2012

25

Yup I am a quarter of century old today. Not that I am hoping to live that long. It is my first birthday at home since 2003. Not that I do any particular special thing at home this time but it surely feels good to spend birthday at home with family.

As I step further into maturity (and because I am no longer schooling), my birthday wishes change. Nobody wishes me (not even myself) good grades. These are things of the past. Perhaps it just means that grades are never important to begin with. I don't particularly care about money or career success too. Kinda ironic because I have started working.

Things which really matter are health and happiness. As I age and as I see my parents and other relatives age, health becomes no 1 importance. I am worried with my parents who are "naughty" and do not want to have regular medical check up. My mum just came back with elevated LFTs of about 300s which came as a shock. She said a year ago it was about 100s and she has not started on any new diet or medications. My dad has been complaining of swollen gums for few weeks and still insisted on not seeing a dentist until last week. The rest of the family is exasperated to encourage him to see a dentist. My elder sister keeps eating and eating and eating without caring the fact that she is already overweight (or perhaps obese). Perhaps not now but we are all worried about her developing -touch wood- diabetes. I just knew that my grandfather (from my mother side) used to have diabetes. Bleah, it's all in the genes already :( My other sister is also another lazy bum to take care of her skin. She keeps saying want to see doctor but then what's the point if she is so lazy to apply the creams etc. The info is already out there and the medicines will most likely be creams. I, too, am worried about my eyes. Haiz.. All the things which I like always involve my eyes: reading and playing computer. Perhaps "1 Litre of Tears" which I am currently watching also makes me a bit sensitive to health issues nowadays. Sigh..

In all, I just wish for happiness and health for myself and for my family. I pray that God will keep evil away from us and place nice people near us. For me, that means nice colleagues and nice patients preferably. Okay, the latter one seems impossible =x If I can't be surrounded be nice people, then I hope for strength, patience, and everything needed to survive. Of course if money is needed for happiness then I hope it is automatically counted :p

25 year old feels like a deja vu to me. Perhaps it is because of my childhood dream to get married when I am 25. Fast forward to 2012, I am still single, available, but not desperate. Lol.. Countdown 1 year to make my childhood dream a reality eh? On the other hand, I remember someone told me that each person is fated to have 3 major hurdles/events which may caused death in their life. Of course the third one is usually the unavoidable one. What I was told is that once you pass a hurdle, you can be rest assured that you will not die until you reach the next one. I have a "feeling" that this year is my hurdle but I don't know which number. Truthfully, I am a selfish guy, I don't mind dying young and leaving a good looking corpse. But in the end, I will leave it to the Creator.. Aah, should not have to say bad things like this on a birthday eh...

No comments: