Sunday, March 11, 2012

There is always a first time for everything. With only less than week left of my training, unfortunately I had to raise up my voice towards a few of my colleagues for once. I admitted that I started the whole thing because I did not scan the barcode before giving the queue number. Thus, in the system, that queue number was not tagged to any service chit and the service chit was not tagged to any queue number. The number was flashing red for 25 minutes. And for that, I was extremely angry and agitated that they pushed all the blame to me. From my point of view, I agreed that I did a mistake. However, what did the rest of you do to solve the problem? When the number was blinking red, why did nobody take the initiative to delete or find out what went wrong with that? And for the dispensers, when you saw that there was no queue number to call, why did you not bother to even see the number I wrote on the service chit? Fine if you did not see that but where was the initiative to find out why the heck there was no queue number for that basket. Where was the common sense? Where was the sense of responsibility?

My point is: many of you were also involved in this matter. I hate all the finger pointing and blame pushing game. Sigh.. We are supposed to work as a team. Everyone has own strenghts and weaknesses. There are times when someone will mess up. Instead of all the bitching around, you should think on how to help to prevent the mess from getting messier. Well I guess that explains the difference between our roles, our responsibilities, our pays, and our mindsets. 

Ok rant is over.. Bleah..

I collected my phone back. So far, it seems that the problem has been rectified. I hope it continues that way. Looks like my complaints had some effects. They waived the service charges (apparently almost $40 for a mere software update). I showed my displeasure. I had no update about my phone, no quotation, no notice for collection etc and now you dared to charge me? Lucky the attending person was good enough today. She checked with someone about the thing written on the computer and apparently it was already decided that my charges were waived. I am still waiting for a reply for my 2nd complaint though :p

No comments: