Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Competent?

I just sat for the competency exam today. It is ironic that despite 4 years of education and 9 months of training, up to the last minute, I was still on the verge of crying and on futile attempt to cram as much as possible. Now I am praying hard and crossing my fingers (and my toes and my legs too!) so that I can pass the 60% mark. Haiz.. And while I am sure that most of my batchmates will boast of being competent and how the suffering, hard work, blood, sweat, tears, and other exaggerations for the past 4 years and 9 months finally bear fruits, I will be in the negative side again! Come on! Are you sure you are THAT competent? After all, we know that up to the last minute, most of us are just simply too busy with memorising past year papers. It's everybody's secret to pass so please please please, there is no need to boast that you are competent bla bla bla by the virtue of your talent.

I had a bad day today. I decided to send my Vivaz pro handphone for servicing. I met terrible customer service experience and I had no choice but to complain. Too lazy to write the details so I just copy paste what I typed in the email.

Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to complain regarding bad service which I received at Sony Ericsson Service Centre Junction 8 Bishan this evening. I took a queue number from the self-registration machine at 7:43pm (according to the time stamp printed on the queue number). After waiting for about 30 minutes, I was not attended. Your staff were busy packing to rush home. When I approached to ask whether they were already closing, I was told that it was LONG after their closing hour but they had not closed yet because of some difficult customers. I was asked to come again tomorrow which I declined.

So in a hurry, the customer service officer asked me to fill in a form, asked me for my identification card, and asked me to pay $10.70 for which I received no receipt whatsoever. My phone and the battery (together with the form which I filled) were put together into one pink transparent bag. On the form, there was no indication written about my phone (IMEI no?) and the battery.

Thus may I clarify:
1) What do you mean by operating hours from 11am-745pm?
If it means that your staff must go back at 745pm, then the self-registration machine should be shut down perhaps at 700pm. If customers are still allowed to take a queue number up to 745pm, then kindly educate your staff that they have to stay back to serve all the customers who have taken a queue number. And make sure that staff checks the queue system before closing to ensure that no customer is on the queue. If I did not approach the counter, I am sure that your staff would be going home and I was left unattended.

I am working in a service industry so I find this behaviour entirely unacceptable. If I put my operating hours until 1000pm and I expect my staff to go home at that time, I will put a notice that last registration is at 900pm, for example. And no matter what, I will serve ALL customers even if it has been past 1000pm if they are already there before the last registration time. Before my staff go home, they have to ensure that there is nobody else waiting in the queue.

2) Since the identity of my phone is not reflected in the form, will Sony Ericsson be responsible if my phone and/or battery are lost, mixed up, or damaged? How can I be sure that upon collection, the phone and the battery which are returned to me will be originally mine?

Lastly, I find it very rude that you staff spoke to me in Mandarin halfway through our conversation. I may look Chinese but it does not mean I understand Mandarin, especially since I initiated to conversation in English. This is racist and offensive.

I hope I will get a very good explanation for this terrible experience.

Regards

Ok I hope I don't get a bad karma and receive a complaint tomorrow in return of this XD

Anyway, as I was having lunch at Yoshinoya, the below song was played. Aaah, it made me miss the good old times. I wonder how many years have it been. This was in the early wave when J-Pop, J-Dorama, J-Anime were making huge boom in Indonesia. Ironically, last time the doramas which I followed are romance doramas. Now, when I am older, I am following the high school stories. Lol.. Call it a sad childhood XD

No comments: