Thursday, February 2, 2012

Wrong time

Everytime I am tired and bored about work, I always wish how I would be "sick" and get an MC. I got my wish this time. Unfortunately I am really really sick :( And it sucks :( Having fever was bad. Before visiting doctor, I still thought that it was not a fever but the weather. Lo and behold, 38.7 deg C. 

What's can make viral infection worse? The infection is on the GI tract :( Yes I rather having runny nose blocked nose than GI discomfort. For the whole day, I felt like vomitting and lao sai-ing. Nothing came out from either way. Some of my colleagues were telling me that it was likely to be stomach flu. I was crossing my finger and hoping NOO! I had one episode 5 years ago and it was terrible. Everytime I tried to eat something, I would straight away vomit and have diarrhea. Unfortunately, this time is also stomach flu, but it is still in early stage.

Sadly, I only have 1 day MC. How I wish I have 2 days :( And actually today is a bad day to get MC. This evening, I should have a free Swedish buffet at Arab Street. Sigh :( Meatballs, steak, pasta, etc :( I am very very sad. There is nothing much I can do with my condition, even if I force myself to go, I would most likely feel sick and like vomitting. Urrgh! Another reason that today is a wrong day for MC is that I already paid $3 for lunch at work. What a waste! And I wish the MC is tomorrow because tomorrow I have a dental appointment. I am planning to take 1 hour off =x If the MC tomorrow, I can save that 1 hour!

Anyway, yesterday I was lucky to have a nice and kind doctor. Perhaps it was almost closing time and there was nobody else that he could spend more time with me. He actually listened to my tummy for sounds, and pressed here and there for possible appendicitis or hernia I guess? Even measured my BP. "Bo chup" doctor could have straight away deduced stomach flu and asked me to get out from the symptoms alone, I guess. The last time I went to see a polyclinic doctor for gastric pain which caused me unable to sleep the night before, he hardly did any of these physical examination wor! Kns! 

I told him that I felt feverish but was not sure it was really fever. As he was turning my head to get to my ear (for thermometer), he said that even by touching the face/head, it was obvious that it was a fever. And this doctor is smart too. No antibiotic was given. The doctor I saw 5 years ago told me it was viral infection but gave me antibiotic. What is the logic? Haha.. And this doctor gave me the option whether I wanted something to stop the "diarrhea". Well, I only lao sai-ed once so theoretically, it is not considered diarrhea. To reduce medical cost, of course I said no.

Oh ya, I was given Lacteol Forte. I thought it would taste and look like an orange juice. I was totally wrong. It looked pretty disgusting. As I was pouring the sachet to a glass of water, some of the powder initially clumped. Since the colour is brownish, it looks really like the thing that comes out when you have diarrhea. Haha.. Ok just imagine, it's gross LOL

Ok I better rest today.. Still emo over the missed buffet :(

No comments: