Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Hits

I don't mean "the hits" as the opposite of "near misses" of my previous pot. I am referring to a very funny variety show in Indonesia. Unfortunately, the show is no more. I came across to the video clips from youtube. They actually make parodies of pop-songs videos. What amazes me is the effort to put up a decent job, especially in terms of the vocals because the singers can actually sing. They also try to resemble the original video clips and the singer's make-up/appearance as closely as possible. The lyrics, most of the time, are plain lame, stupid, corny, but hilarious. I honestly cannot stop laughing and laughing to the point of having a bit of stomach ache. Lol, still no 6 packs from all the LOL though.

I am gonna share some of the ones I find really really hilarious. Too bad for the English-speaking readers as these are in Indonesians. And too bad that the audio does not synch well with the video. Oh wells.

This is the first song which introduced me to the whole lots of parodies from the show. This song is parodied to be about white spot. Lol. The highlight is in the middle of the song where the girl is saying "My skin is very very fair. But people don't know that this is actually whole-body white spot". I think the tune of the song is actually quite soothing.

The famous line is rhymed as "I don't shower.. I don't shower.. I stink". This is damn hilarious because the whole lyrics actually tell a story which makes sense. Lol.

I was impressed with the English words included.

The actual song is titled Playboy. It is parodied to Playback. I don't know the original girlband. But from the comments apparently people agree with the parody and take it as a perfect mockery of the girlband who cannot sing and always lip-synch-es on "live" performances.

How the heck he sounds and looks so similar to Justin Bieber? Haha.. Perfect parody eh..

I find the song is quite nice to hear. This is my favourite because the parody is complete opposite of the actual song. The actual song is about this girl falls in love with this hot guy. The parody is about the girl getting the biggest shock in her life with this uber ugly guy. Lol.

No comments: