Saturday, January 14, 2012

Show off!! My name in a research journal!!

Remember my endless rants about my final year project last year? Yesterday I had this narcissistic strike to actually google my own name as search criterion. Yea call me crazy. Lol.. Anyway to my delight, I found my name on a scientific article published in a journal. Yep all thanks to my final year project. Now now.. How unbelivable that is! Lol..


Initially I didn't know whether I should feel proud or amused. After all my contributions are just a few pictures and the first sentence of the abstract. Haha.. After reading the full article, hey, I think my name should not be put that late you know.. Many paragraphs are actually direct copy and paste from my FYP submission report. Lol.. But I know why I am considered low in importance: the results I got was super crappy. Lol.. Oh well but still, many parts of the essay are mine ok!

Since I will sort of having my job interview, perhaps I should use this as evidence that I actually have some interest in research too! Don't pay me well and I shall leave. Haha..

Oh and I just realise why I am so WEIRD as a person. I have a psychiatric disorder: Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I read wikipedia and I think I fulfill all the criteria sia.. OMG!! I wonder what medicines should I take. Haha.. OK this should not be funny! This should be worrying.. Aww.. Something is really not right with me...


I certainly love pleasant and unexpected surprises. Yesterday I went to my Aunt's place to deliver some stuff from Indo. My Aunt and her daughter gave me Christmas presents. One each! I thought my aunt gave me a towel again since the packaging is quite compact and when I pressed from outside, it feels like cloth material inside. And guess what is inside: WAIST POUCH!! Yay!! I don't have any right now so it really feels good to have one. From my cousin, I was expecting a phone cover or something. And inside is: PLUGTAG. It is quite difficult to describe it so picture will be better. I don't even know there is actually this kind of thing so it is really a good surprise. Hehe.. Although I unlikely use it since I do not leave around my cables when I don't need it.

I googled "Plugtag" and this is identical to the one I have ^^

No comments: