Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Root of evil

Money is the root of all evil. I now understand how patients are furious when it comes to pricing and subsidies etc. I am also furious (and jealous) when I know that my friends at some hospitals are getting about 1 month bonus at the end of 2011. I don't care about what bonuses and pro-rated. I only care that they received nett ~1 month while I got ~half month. If their contracts state that they were entitled to other bonuses, I am gonna start round 2 noise to the HR. I lost round 1 because it is true that my contract only states that I am entitled to 13th month bonus subjected to pro-ration. But this time my argument will be: why other organisations give other bonuses? Isn't this shortchanging us who last year had no idea about various bonuses and had no chance to compare between organisations too?

I will have my interview on Monday. I will ask my direct bosses regarding this before bringing up to the HR again. I will 'threaten' them subtly that if this bonus matters would ever leak out, good luck to them trying to get quality pre-reggers in the coming years. They would really perhaps getting the left overs.

I am also getting worried about the pay which I will get/be offered. I am frustrated with my friends who can't seem be bothered. They will just take whatever shit given to them and sign. It is appalling that people prefer moving wherever pays best to fighting for benefits at the place where they actually want to say. Seeing the people like this, it is not a surprise that this profession is always this shitty. People complain about low pay despite hard work for 4, if not 5, years. Seriously people, complaining and bitching among yourself change NOTHING. No wonder everyone bullies us, including the HR people which are not even considered as professionals. Terrible.. Really..

One case which epitomises this attitude perfectly: a friend of mind is working at somewhere which promises that first class honours students will be getting $100 more than the rest for this 9 month training. 7 months are almost up and she received nothing about this additional $100. And guess what she did? Just asked once or twice to the manager (not even the HR) about this and just sat around hoping that miracles will come.

Pathetic.. First class you know! Why do the first classes want to waste their 4 year effort? By right, we have higher bargaining power to demand for higher pay! I guess all your neurons had been fried in your attempt to get the first class.

No comments: