Monday, January 2, 2012

New beginning

Another year has come and it is time to make "empty promises" or more widely known as new year resolutions. I am thankful for the short break. I admit that I am not happy here but after observing my sister (who just started to work recently), I realise that I have so MUCH to be thankful for. Putting things into perspective, my working life here is much better than my sister's.

First, my sister goes out to work earlier and comes home later than me. Thanks to the awful journey time in the big city. In short, I have more disposable time a.k.a. more life here. Second, I complain about having to set aside much of my salary for my rental and the higher cost of living here (my sister still leeches food from parents). But if proper calculation is done, what I can save every month (despite the higher expenses here) is actually more than my sister's gross earning. Thirdly, I have more leave days. I was shocked when I heard that my mum (she is in managerial level) only has 12 annual leave days i.e once a month. My gosh! Even for a shitty entry level like me, I am entitled to 15 days (pro-rated to 11 days because I am only working for 9 months). Once I obtain my license, I will get 21 days! ZOMG! So indeed I am trully blessed and I should be thankful.

Sigh.. anyway my first resolution not to emo is already dashed. I just can't help it okay! I feel emo not really because I need to work again tomorrow. I feel emo more to the fact that I will be missing home.. Haiz :( 

My second resolution is to better control my emotion. I hate those non-English speaking people I meet daily at work. I hope I can hide my irritation. I hope that I will not become like them. I see how my parents age and how they are getting impatient.. how sometimes they are behaving not much different from the old people who make me angry daily. Perhaps it is because of aging. I DO NOT WANT to be like that even as I age!! Again, having said that, today I already showed "ya-ya attitude". I went to Sheng Shiong Supermarket to look for air dehumidifier. The person I asked was from China and asked me to speak Chinese. I just left her and could not be bothered anymore..

Aaargh.. so it's gonna start again tomorrow. I hope I can remember the resolutions I made myself!

No comments: