Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Emo kid strikes back!

Today is the last day of January and thus I did my usual monthly expense documentation. I know I shopped like crazy this month but it still came as a shock to see that I spent nearly 700 bux on rubbish. Ok, perhaps not rubbish but personal hobby-related items. I bought 2 Squall figurines, some kimonos from Japan, collectible coins (from Singapore Mint Zodiac series as well as 150th anniversary of Nativity Church), Prince of Tennis Prince Boxes, Sebastian Michaelis Nendoroid (although it is the bootleg version), and Draco's as well as Snape's magic wand.

And it came as a greater shock that this is the first month that I actually spent more than my monthly salary :( Although partly it is because of my pair of shoes from Geox. I won't normally buy such expensive shoes but health should be more important than money. I am extremely worried about my fungal nail infection. I tried antifungal lotion (and still continuing until now), "home remedies" like tea tree oil, powder, anti-perspirant spray, cotton socks, and sport socks. All fail to reduce the sweating. Thus Geox is a desperate attempt. It boasts a patented technology which allows better air circulation and hence minimises perspiration through "holes" at the sole. My initial fear was that water could go in. Once I knew that it was waterproof, I decided to buy. So far, I am glad to say that the investment is paying off. My feet is no longer wet. Still, I need to be patient with the infection to clear :(

Having said all of these, the thing which upsets me most is the fact that I hardly save anything since starting to work for more than half a year :( It is really demoralising to think what the heck I am actually working for :( There is no point to earn money but not using it to make myself happy. However, it is also pointless to actually spend everything and end up with no savings. Sigh.. My pay is just pathetic. And my life is pathetic. No matter how I wanna save, I can't run away from monthly rental $700, monthly food of at least $300, groceries of at least $50, transport and phone bills of at least $100. I can't have a decent saving even by NOT buying anything for own self-pleasure.. Bah.. 

Fuck my life..

Money is not everything but everything needs money!

No comments: