Sunday, January 15, 2012

Big O

I had lunch at Big O in Paragon. It was my first time despite my long presence in Singapore. Haha.. Actually a few years back, I almost went there with a group of friends to have dessert as supper. But the time was already almost 2230 so the plan was called off.

I know the place has great desserts: mudpies, Bailey's dessert, the banana cake, the coconut cake, etc. Initially I was quite disappointed with the rather limited choice of main dish. I settled for Breaded Chicken Snitzel ($19.50). The potato salad side was DAMN good! I wish there was more of it! The lemon butter sauce was good. But the MAIN thing about the main dish i.e the chicken was a huge disappointment. Frankly, even normal hawker centre chicken can easily beat that. Even the lemon butter sauce could not salvage it.

Well, the dessert saved the day! Lucky I was reading their list of culinary awards that I saw the SPIKE D. The D stands for durian so that was it! I decided. Before that, I was mulling over what to buy, flooded with so many nice chocolate and Bailey's stuff. But durian topped it all. Anyway, it was indeed worthy of winning the award. The durian taste was authentic. Aaaa~~h if it was near dinner time, I would definitely take away 1 more slice. Haha.. Perhaps the next time I have my dental appointment, I should buy some of the desserts back for dinner. Yum yum!

No comments: