Friday, December 16, 2011

Awful things..

Life is like a wheel, sometimes you are up, sometimes you are down. Even though this saying is cliche, I believe that this is a fact of life. Looks like my "up" time is up :( Good time only lasts for few months and the year ends with bad things.

Firstly, I was so "lucky" to be trapped in the MRT during the massive breakdown yesterday. My train was on its way from City Hall to Dhoby Ghaut. At about 645pm, a few of the lights went out, a sign of trouble. After that, the train slowed down.. came to a stop.. more light went out.. and the aircon was down. Thank goodness the air ventilation was still working. SMRT did a very bad job. We heard nothing after 10 minutes, only having the driver walking from one end to the other end of the train. I decided to sit down on the floor (the couple opposite me already sat on the floor before me) because I just came back from blood donation. I am glad that I did not faint! To be honest, I was a bit scared of dying at that time but I was prepared. Only after 45 minutes that they decided to open the emergency exit and let us walk on the track towards Dhoby Ghaut. Sounds good! As we were all standing, more light went out and the air vent stopped giving any noise. Holy shit! That was really making more people anxious and worried to death. Seriously if there were any terrorist attack, we would all die there due to the lousy management. Seriously a big WTF! They did not even open the doors for ventilation. The reason given was due to safety concern. Wonderful! For our safety, we will be suffocated to our death??!! 

Anyway below are some pictures to proof that I was indeed inside (taken with my camera). Haha.. I was too paiseh to ask anybody ask my own picture in this kind of situation ba.

This is how MRT tunnel looks like
There's a light at the end of every tunnel!! From Dhoby Ghaut in this place

On the bright side, I think this is a memorable experience for me. Perhaps the most memorable one in my 9 years here. Lol.. When else could I see this underground tunnel! Haha.. Lucky I am not a fan of horror/thriller movies with zombies running amok killing people in underground train. So I was not very scared. This only reminded me to Harry Potter in search of Chamber of Secrets lol.. On the flip side, I imagine what if the breakown occurred at the parts where the track is above the ground. Will they expect the passenger to walk open air? Wow.. Imagine there is thunderstorm, that is really horror.. Stay and die inside.. or go out and die too. Reminds me of Kaiji movie.. Lol..
Anyway, I have to applaud Singaporeans to remain calm and not panicky despite the crazy situation. Well, most of them! There were some unreasonable ones like trying to cut queue while the rest slowly and quietly waited for their turn to exit. Some were still complaining about compensation! Gosh.. you were still thinking about your $1++ instead of your life in this kind of circumstances? That clearly showed how much you value your life. Of course the worst people are those making noise IN the station. Jeez... Count yourself lucky that you were not trapped underground, did not faint or did not brush aside with death!

Okay enough about the MRT thingy. After that, I had another bad thing with regards to bank. In the afternoon, I tried to buy something using Mastercard but the card was declined. I tried to withdraw money at Plaza Singapura but transaction failed (which I believe was because the ATM could not dispense any money). Due to the long queue, I decided to withdraw elsewhere, Takashimaya in this case. The card came out so fast that I thought my card was really having problems. After I left the ATM, the girl behind me chased after me to inform that I did not collect my money o_0 Gosh!! By the time I was back at the ATM, the money was already retained. It was only $100 but still it was significant. Wew.. gotta call the bank etc and thank God today everything was settled. Fiuh.. However, I really can't understand why the bank cannot tell when the money is retained.. Lets say someone really forgets to take the money and noone else behind that person, that someone will really lose money leh!

Next issue is regarding my rental. I am moving out this Sunday. I was extremely pissed and angry that the owners expected me to handover the key as I was moving out. WTF! I am paying rental until the end of the month so by right, it is MY right to decide when I want to handover. I even had to resort to saying things which I hate to say: "I am paying my rental until the end of the month you know.". It is her problem if she cannot follow my demand at this time. I am not gonna let bullying continue. I am not gonna let the movers wait downstairs while I settle this handover thing. I want the handover to be done in different timing. I somehow find this is their dirty trick to make sure that I follow whatever they demand (cutting my deposit for donkey reasons) because I am in a hurry and the mover is waiting. NO WAY MAN! I am prepared for an all out war this Sunday to get my full deposit.

Today I visited my new room and I somehow felt cheated again. Sigh.. I don't for sure whether really there is a leakage that they blocked the little extension in my room. That made my room tinier :( I am not happy sigh.. Cannot even open the window or the curtain.. And the worst thing is that I find that the room is quite dark! Sigh.. If really there is no ceiling light, I am gonna ask to change room sia..

To top it all, I did not get the bonus I was expecting. And I am preparing to bring up this issue. If the others are not supportive then never mind, I will just fight for myself and will not tell them about the outcome.. Haiz.. Sucks to be with these people with no balls. Just wanna maintain "good image" and be bullied. Oh please.. The bonus is our right!! Or maybe they are just too rich not to care about an amount perhaps close to $1000.

Oh God.. Please.. Enough of these :'(

No comments: