Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Good people.. Bad people..

It has been emotional roller coaster for me for the past 3 days. It is all because of the people around me. Haiz.. really people around you can really impact your life. I shall try not to be so emo and start sharing the bad ones first.

1. My house owners
I know it is your house and you have the right to do whatever you want. However, I am damn bloody paying you and I deserve to get whatever I am paying for. It is really disgusting for these 2 people to act as if they are considerate and understanding and always ask me to be understanding. About a month ago, you wanted to paint my door and you only told me 1 day before. This time around, it was much worse. I was only told the night before that they were going to repair the bathroom tiles and I would not be able to shower for 3 days. They expected me to go to the swimming pool or friend's house.

Seriously the house has 2 bathrooms. Why the fuck are you being so selfish and can't lend me your bathroom to use? At most I only need to borrow it 10mins x2 daily. Fuck all your "pretentious understanding yada yada". Do you even give a damn about me? Zzz if it is not because I am going off at year end (when the contract is ending), I would find a new place and move already. Stupid shit! But now I can't do anything funny because I need to negotiate to at least extend a few more months before I want to move out.

This place is good. The owners are quite okay. But I just can't stand these calculative people. I can only hope God give his justice. I know this is bad but I am glad when one of them complained "Why the worker so dishonest never tell me they install new shower head in the other toilet? I pay them already and they still like that". Hah! Think about what you are doing to me! Fucker.

2. A dumb ass
I nearly exploded to this bloody guy today! Haiz wanted to mention the race but I think I should avoid being racist. Okay he had 2 external prescriptions so upon payment, everything was lumped into one basket. Initially I only found 1 invoice so I scanned that: $100+. He sounded so anal "Are you sure $100+? Not $500+". Only then I checked the items on the screen. Oops only 1 item was displayed on the screen. So my mistake. There should be another thing as his basket had at least 4-5 items. So I asked him "Did you see the doctor here or did you bring external prescriptions?". He answered so agitatedly that he did not see the doctor. Ok fine. I asked him how many prescriptions he had. No bloody answer. Fine, I dug the basket. Yes I found another invoice with $200+. So I told him total is about $300+. He became total shit up to this point: "Are you sure it is not $500+? You better check because I am not gonna pay more if it is more than what you said?". Holy shit! I wanted to explain about computer calculated already bla bla bla.. But nevermind, since he was an ass, I punched calculator to calculate the price from each pack of medicine. Tada it was really $300+. I felt like replying him cheekily "Then if it is really $300+ are you gonna pay me your $500+?". But of course I did not say that. But I would not want to back down to this piece of shit. So I waved the calculator in front of him and said sarcastically "Here is the calculator. Do you wanna count yourself to make sure it is correct?".

Oh yeah.. I won.. You were owned!!

Done with the bad ones. Moving on to the nice ones.

Yesterday, a lady almost cried in front of me. It was quite poor thing to hear her story. She is a very nice and gentle lady. Congrats for her completing the treatment for her cancer. Unfortunately, the effects of chemotherapy tend to be quite long lasting so she still does not feel 100% well. What made her almost cried is the fact that she could not really ask questions to clear her doubts everytime she had her chemo appointment. She had lumps at her neck and she was really worried about it. CT was done and everything was ok (in the sense it should not be cancer or something). But when I asked her whether it caused her some pain. That was when her eyes started to tear. I was like "OH SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!".

So that should be a lesson for the arrogant people in the hospital. Yes you may be smart and busy and bla bla bla.. But you see how you impact patients. Do not look down on us the community settings. Yes we may be more slack, more stupid, bla bla bla but thank goodness at least we have the time to give lengthy explanation and discuss whatever doubts the patients have. I really hope the lady will be strong and fine. God bless nice people like you.

This morning I had another surprise from the one of the aunties who distributes free newspaper daily. She recognised me and asked "Hey, you are working at the XXXXX (I don't want to reveal). I remember talking to you". Wow.. I can't even remember her. So yeah I don't know whether I should be happy or I should be scared. Due to language barrier, I can only attend to English-speakers and they are not very many of them. Most of the time at least I remember what I spoke to them previously. For the others, I always call my colleagues to assist. Since I can't remember this person, there is high likelihood that she belongs to the latter category! Ouch.. =x But looking at the bright side, she spoke to me in English today. So maybe I really did talk to her. I hope she is not one of those whom I gave lousy service and black face ba..

My only wish is that there are more nice people. And I really hope those people whom find me good and helpful would actually send in written compliments (nope I won't solicit compliments by giving feedback forms). Not that I want to be complimented or what. It is just for me to balance any complaints which I may get. It is to show the boss that there are people who give me good compliments and people who complain about me. Please do not blame me. Those complainers complain because of themselves! I am naturally a nice person. Unless you are nasty to me, I will be nasty back to you, and then you will complain lor. And nope don't ask me to be a "nice guy" towards this nasty unreasonable people. That will never happen! I will defend myself for the things I am not at wrong.

No comments: