Friday, September 2, 2011

Good luck, guys (and girl!)

I will talk about a bit more about work today. This is the last day of attachment for the 2 polytechnic students at my workplace. They started on the same day as me so we had spent time together for the past 3 months basically. So naturally, I feel a bit sad about them leaving. Last Friday was also the last day of another temporary staff. These 3 people are basically my lunch buddies. Now I will have emo lunches alone with nobody to share my frustration with work etc. More importantly, they have become really important for me as translators when I am doing P-sales to chinese speaking customers. I can hope that the new staff (and the new students if there are) will be as fun and as helpful as them. And I sincerely wish them all the best for their future endeavours.

Believe it or not, I subconsciously have some prejudices against the polytechnic students, especially with them being ah beng-ish or something. Well I learn my lesson: should not quickly judge someone based on their background and/or appearance. They may look ah beng but they are actually good people too. And I am thankful for knowing them as they introduce me to another path which I can undertake in the future: a polytechnic lecturer. They told me that their lecturers are mostly pharmacy degree holders :) So perhaps I have a chance to teach eventually. I have forgone my dream of teaching in university. No way I would do research just for the sake of a PhD to teach in university (and that means a continuous research projects for the rest of my life). Haha... And certainly it is very heartening for them to compliment me that I would make a good lecturer based on a presentation I did many weeks ago. Haha..

The rest is in God's hands.. I really don't know His plan for me.. Sometimes I wanna do sales in industry.. Sometimes I think hitting sales target sucks and polyclinic setting is actually not too bad for me. Sometimes I wanna slack in retail and suan irritating patients. And now I want to teach.. So which is the best for me?? Haiz..

And lastly I wanna share a song again. Haha. Actually I bumped into the video on the night when I clicked to look for AKB48. But due to my lousy internet, the video was only loaded halfway (more like quarterway) and I decided to sleep. Haha.. My initial thought was: a copycat of Britney Spear's Baby One More Time with the school settings etc. Watch the first 2 minutes and what do you think the song is all about? My initial thought: aiyo some student's infatuation towards the teacher?? bullying? I never expect that it would be about a birthday surprise. Haha..


I find the song to be interesting. The verse and the chorus are like from different genres.  The dance routine is also nice, especially when they form the circle to resemble the cake. Well, it's always nice to see how a large group of people can put up a good show. And they also put in the traditional Happy Birthday song in. Unfortunately, I find their harmonisation for the traditional Happy Birthday song is quite terrible and quite off-tune-ish. And I think their make up made them look more like Koreans. No offence to K-pop stars but I still prefer the usual look of J-Pop stars hehe...

No comments: