Sunday, September 4, 2011

Being stingy and regrets

Another computer exhibition is here and I am very saddened that M1 overhauled its mobile broadband plans. Previously, it offered unlimited data bundle and customers paid based on the transfer speed. Now the unlimited data bundle is gone as only 7.2mbps speed is offered. Sigh.. With what I currently pay, that is equivalent to 12GB per month. As of now, I regret that I was being so cheapskate last time and signed up for the cheapest 1MBPS plan. =x  Now there is no more chance for me to upgrade without forgoing the unlimited data bundle. 12GB seems to be huge but putting things into perspective: 1 DVD is about 2GB and 1 PSP game can hit 1 GB. So there is high chance of me exceeding the limit as there are times when I download DVD, PSP games, random videos, or even just stream endless videos from various online sources. Yeah sad.. Really really sad.



Creative ZEN Style M300
$79 for 4GB; $89 for 8GB
Available in black, white, orange, and red.

Sony Walkman B Series
$78 for 4GB
Available in bright colours such as GREEN!!


I still have the urge to buy an MP3 player but I am confused on what to buy. iPod is already out of my list. Now I am left with Sony Walkman series vs Creative Zen series. Creative has pretty good user reviews in terms of functions and price, but there are some critics on the "cheap-feeling", "not hitting the advertised playback time", "tendency of freezing/hanging". I was actually quite bought over as some allow memory extension using external memory card. However, I read that those from external memory is not "copied" to the library. Sony is deemed to have the best audio system, better design (I love it when there are a range of colours to choose from), and long playback time. The downside will be of course the price tags. For the same cost, I can get something from Creative which has 2x capacity of Sony.

Oh well, since there is no great offer in terms of price cuts or freebies at this COMEX 2011, at least I am not urgently craving for one. I decided to try my ancient mp3 player whether it still can work or it only needs battery replacement. At most I will only need mp3 player for the month when I had to travel 2hours daily for work so I do not want to really spend a lot of money.

And another consideration which makes me undecided is to buy the one solely for music (which is definitely cheaper) or the one with screen (although I don't foresee myself watching any video with it anyway).

Sony Walkman E Series
$139 for 4GB
Available in many bright colours!

Creative ZEN X-Fi Style
$129 for 8GB
Available in black, white, and red
















Oh and there is nothing wrong with my eyes. If you find that the pictures are not aligned, it is because blogger does not allow me to do so. Geez.. Why can't they make the template just like microsoft word document to make it easier with the pictures? I remember many years ago when I added in pictures, they appeared side by side (on the same line) and after that I can manually adjust the paragraphing as well as the picture size. Looks like it is going downhill for the picture parts here.