Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cravings!

Funny.. A few weeks ago, there was an offer of Lay's, Doritos, and Ruffles selling at only $3.05 each! The promotion went for a good 2 weeks and I was not tempted to get one. On the first day after the promotion was over, I suddenly craved for them! And not only to the unhealthy potato chips. I also craved for bubble tea, subway, durian puff, fanciful bread from bakeries, and many more. I managed to fulfill ALL except for the bubble tea! Now now.. talk about getting fat.

To celebrate Singapore's National Day, Subway offered a limited time new flavour: Chilli Crab! Woot! Lucky it happened just when I craved for Subway so I tried the new flavour. I find the taste to be quite authentic. However, it feels a bit funny to have an Asian flavour mixed with Western dressing and salad. But still a good idea from the one who came up with the flavour.

On Friday, I received my Sirius Black's wand. Wow! Never expected something from eBay with free shipping fee to arrive within 2 weeks. The wand is made of resin/plastic. So I still prefer the ones made of wood from Cinemags magazine bonus. Got one part with peeling paint so I got 30% refund for that. Lol.. And this sparked my 3rd shopping crazy on eBay! Lol.. I decided to buy all the wands haha.. Initially I thought I should just buy the ones I was missing from Cinemags i.e Hermione's, Ron's, Sirius', and Fleur's. Only these few are available. But after that, I just heck and nevermind to buy Harry's, Dumbledore's, and Voldermort's even though I had them from Cinemags. Haha.. I regret that I did not buy the magazines last time just to get the wand. Many years ago, the Harry Potter editions were like Rp 50000,- each. I take it as Rp 50000,- per wand since I don't really want the magazine :p Now if I wanna look for the wands I am missing from forum, it would trade for at least Rp 100000 to Rp 150000 each. That's why I don't mind buying from eBay now since it cost me almost the same (though I still prefer wooden ones).

Today I am hunting for some limited editions of PSP games :) I just want the bonuses actually haha.. But anyway as long as I can get half of the price as compared to buying the game here, I don't mind. I purchase Dissidia 012 Duodecim Legacy edition yesterday for about $30.



Next on my list are the following limited editions: Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection, Lunar Silver Star Harmony, Ys 7, and the first Dissidia game. 

The FF IV limited edition has Artcards too. But the main pull factor for FF IV is the screen-cleening cloth with the character design.


Hehe.. Lunar Silver Star Harmony limited edition includes OST CD and 13 art cards featuring the in-game bromides. I honestly am not very fond of the set. However, since I am a Lunar fan and my mum never bought me the set for Lunar Silver Star Story Complete (PS1 game), I should just buy this. Anyway the songs are a bit different with new arrangements etc so I guess it is okay lah. I saw this set selling at $70+ in Funan IT mall. I hope I can get at about half price from eBay leh.

Next is Ys 7. This temptation is really a devil's work. Lol. I have not even play the game but I already wanna collect lol. Well Ys is a series. Although I have all the games, I have not played any of them. But I am sure that in the future I will play them! Lol.. This set has 60-page artbook to summarise all the Ys games. If it is only for Ys 7, perhaps I would not be this tempted. Haha.. On top of that, there is OST CD and here comes the biggest deal: 12.5" x 34" Cloth Map of Ys world! Actually there is no big deal about getting a map but just like FF IV screen-cleaning cloth, this is something unique and I never own one before. Haha.. As of now, this is the most expensive item at the auction I follow. I wonder whether I should just give it up :(


Lastly, it is the first Dissidia game. Last year I actually purchased this from U.S which came with only a pre-order calendar =x Sad.. Really really sad. This one is Europe limited edition which came with an OST CD, artbook, strategy guide, and postcards. It is definitely a better deal than the U.S. one :( Haiz.. So Now I will end up with 2 of the same game which I don't even play T_T


So yeah, thanks to Square Enix and XSEED for keep making games into limited edition set and making me spend money on this.. Oh well, these are my first shopping ever since I started working so I will use that as a justification for my spending.. Now now.. no wonder my bank account does not show any increase even after 1.5 months salary :'(

No comments: