Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Auction results!!

Grrraaaah!! My effort to sleep late was not paid off. As expected, Ys 7 and Lunar Silver Star Harmony would cost me a bomb. Due to their rarity, I actually increased my budget to $50 each. But alas, the winning bids were $100+ and $60+ respectively, way beyond my budget. So in the end, I just got the Dissidia set for about $33 which was a fine price. I decided not to get Final Fantasy IV from eBay as it is actually available from Qisahn for $32 so I got it today. Hehe.. I don't even dare to open the art cards because they are wrapped. The screen-cleaning cloth has 1 black line across it.. Very very sad :'( But oh wells, I still want to collect it. I don't even bother to try whether the UMD is working. Haha.. Perhaps later..

I also bought Nodame Illustration book. I consider this an impulse buying lah. Although the impulse came since like many weeks ago. I said impulse because I am actually not a fan of Nodame manga. I do not even read or collect the manga. But I love the dorama and the movies. Maybe because the actors are so good that I think the manga may be less funny and more importantly, this is about music, it is weird to enjoy music through reading. After I bought, Kinokuniya only had 2 left. Lol.. So I guess it is pretty popular too since when it first came out, the stack was quite thick :p


I am also not "wow"ed after seeing the 100 pages. The good thing is that its content is all PICTURES :D But I find the style too girly lah. Haha CLAMP drawings are also girly but I like their artwork. Maybe it is because I am not a fan of the Nodame manga in the first place, and as usual, visual is the first thing I see. However, I like the "hand-drawn" kind of feeling :) which is kinda rare in shounen-style artwork which I mostly like. Maybe it is because of the colouring. In the shounen titles, while I still can see the "hand-drawn" feeling, the colours are often done with computer and that makes the whole feel is computer generated. Okay la okay la, since I bought it already I better learn to love it. Haha..
So now I am just waiting for my eBay items to arrive. Meanwhile, I should not spend anything and must survive with a mere $50 until my next paycheck. My bank account still does not show increase!! Aaargh...

No comments: