Saturday, July 23, 2011

Boring..

I used to wonder my senior hardly blogged since she left school but now I know why. Working life is boring!! It has been only 6 weeks and I already find it boring and monotonous. Hours pass by, days pass by, weeks pass by and they are just repeat of the previous ones and will be the same as the next ones. To be honest, I have nothing much to share and hence I blog less too! 

Lets start with the "old" news first. I watched the last of Harry Potter movie last Friday. I anticipated it eagerly especially because of the ravenous ratings given by critics. And we know well how terrible the previous movies were and how bad the fare off in the reviews. Thus I was hoping for something big this time around! Not to mention that the trailer looked epic too!! UNFORTUNATELY, it is another huge disappointment! It is not as bad as the previous ones but it is still below expectation! I was expecting more action perhaps something that would be comparable to the finale of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. J.K Rowling writing is fantastic enough to produce something epic but too bad the director sucks! The battle/fight/action was booboo. I was expecting a great battle to show how people die. I was expecting a great duel of  Voldemort vs McGonagall/Kingsley/Slughorn and Bellatrix vs Ginny/Luna/Hermione and then with Molly Weasley. What I got was CG action of giants vs stone warriors  -__-". The battle just "ended" and Harry saw the dead people already dead. No Bellatrix fight with Ginny/Luna/Hermione. And her fight with Molly was anti-climatic. Sigh.. I think the short fight between McGonagall and Snape was the best.. and followed by how McGonagall used her magic to defend the castle. It also did not feel like a "Battle of Hogwarts" because Professor Sprout (Hufflepuff's Head of House) was not even there to cast magic in defence of the castle! And the teachers hardly fought the Death Eaters.. Really lame shit.. I guess the very first movie is still the BEST out of the whole series. It is really wasted!! Aaargh!! J.K Rowling you wrote such great books but why you let the directors butcher them in the movies!! And you are one of the producers too T_T

On Thursday, I went with my usher friends to eat pizza somewhere at Bukit Timah area. The pizza was 21inches diameter and cost $50+ lol. Very huge and very interesting!! Haha.. A bit pricey but oh well, it is located at the wealthy people region..

Work-wise, it has been 6 weeks and I still yet to find anything to complain about my work. I am thankful to God for this very nice working environment. I am not ashamed to even say I actually love my current place. On some days I would even come earlier or leave later than what supposed to be. Totally different with last year's attachment in stupid hospital. Many of my friends in retail have started to feel emo leh.. Listening to their stories etc, I am really grateful that I choose this institution. Firstly, I am alone and there is hardly any meeting/activities when all the pre-regs are gathered. Thus, people don't compare us (they can compare behind us but as long as not in front of us, I don't care!). Secondly, there is nobody who likes to bootlick and attract attention. I am utterly disgusted with this kinds of people seriously.. I know they will be more successful in working life through networking etc but I am a firm believer that people should recognise me because of what I do and what I am capable doing, and not because I like to attract attention only..

That's all for now.. I better rest and start preparing for my Herpes presentation :(

No comments: