Friday, June 10, 2011

Bye bye holidays :'(

Perhaps this will be my final post as a student as from Monday onwards, I am officially entering the working world. Sigh.. I am feeling very emo.. Perhaps because it is time for another change again. New people, new habits, new places, new environment. My greatest fear is that I am no longer a student now. I know how deficient I am as a pharmacist-to-be. I am worried that I will get another unreasonable and unloving preceptor which not only will dampen my mood to learn but my mood to even survive the 9 months.. Oh well.. positive thinking positive thinking but I am still feeling very emo :(

It has been almost 2 weeks and more or less I am pretty done with what I am supposed to do. I did my medical check up last week. I was lucky to be able to do it on the same day after I collected my letter. I was worried about my eyes to be honest, thus it was a pleasant surprise that my vision was still 6/6 (left) and 6/9 (right) although I am pretty sure my vision was much worse than the first time I had this spectacles. Oh well..

The doctor who did my examination has a cool name: Summer. Lol.. Then on the Sunday newspaper, she was in an article about some weight loss/health. Lol.. She had a Japanese name (perhaps her surname) too. Haha.. But she was quite cool la.. She was asking about any unexplained weight loss and I replied "Unexplained weight gain yes!". She laughed and said "Haha I wonder whether I should ask this question anymore. Almost everyone was complaining about weight gain instead".

I had a pleasant surprise to actually meet 2 friends who were doing preceptorship. Lol.. One saw me from and actually shouted my name across. Haha. The hospital was very not crowded that he could see me la. Lol.. Another one knew I was there because she heard the other friend shouted my name previously lol. Well without them I would have some problems finding the place.

I went for a blood donation on Saturday since perhaps I would not have any further chance to do it. I still had the trauma of fainting and feeling tired after donation. But I think it was just all in the mind. I felt okay after this donation. I also collected my 5th donation badge. It was quite nice but a bit disappointed because I thought my name would be engraved LOL.

Last Monday I finished the SPC stuff and then watched X-men: First Class. It was quite a nice show but I am very disappointed that Emma Frost did not get the chance to join the final battle. Sigh.. So lame to just have her sitting down acting sexy in the prison! As the previous X-men movies, it does not exactly follow the comic timeline. But it was worse that it was not even consistent with the previous X-men movies. Oh well.. After that I actually tried to find and rewatch the previous X-men movies. Haha.. I actually had never watch the first one leh.

After that, I was stressed over getting accomodation. Sigh.. House viewing was quite tiring. The first one I viewed made me emo. Sigh... It is not bad actually (3 bedrooms) and I can walk to workplace. However, the owner is an old lady and she hardly had any furniture. The kitchen looked so ancient. I did not feel any "homely" environment so I decided to give it a miss. That night I was damn emo actually. On the day before, I enquired for 4 places and 2 were taken, 1 gave no reply, and 1 said ok but no follow up.

The next day I had a follow up from the one I enquired 2 days ago. Fiuh.. This was actually my first priority. It is so near to church and Toa Payoh centre (with library, MRT, bus interchange there) and it is a 4A flat type. I was quite worried with the owner profile but after seeing, they are very nice people. They also can speak English! Haha.. 

I was cheated by an advertisement for a condo. I thought same price as HDB but this one was condo. Good bargain! Of course it was too good to be true. It was advertised as a common room but it was actually damn small utility room. I was damn disgusted by the owner seriously (although being fellow Indonesians I thought it would be okay). The room was even smaller than the toilet! Oh come on!! The living room, balcony, and kitchen are sooo huge but empty. Might as well I stay at the balcony. Oh well. So sad gotta say bye bye to the gym and swimming pool.

I settled for the one near the MRT. The agent said yes but until now no follow up. It gets me very worried since I have not signed anything which means there is no guarantee that the place will be mine :( Something interesting, the agent will actually be participating in some idol show. Omg.. Perhaps that's the reason for all the delays but haiz.. I don't know how leh :( If until the 20th I hear nothing, I think will try to find another place.Sigh.. I hate some agents for being too pushy.. Then the one I want is the opposite and making me worried whether the place would be mine or not. Sigh..

I went for PC show yesterday. I did not intend to go but when I see there is another small discount for internet broadband plan, I was tempted (since I will need one anyways). The moment I saw that registration fee is waived at the show, I straight away went lol. Cheapskate for ~$40 saving. Haha.. I find it weird that it is considered as signing up a new line. I must put deposit $200 again. And they need to proof my billing address again! Sigh.. Utterly stupid and ridiculous I tell you. I am having a mobile phone with them and why can't the 2 be tied together except for the payment! Lame shit! And guess what's worse: the deposit cannot be cashed back! Sigh.. Even after I get my Employment Pass (which only be next year), the deposit will be used to offset my bills. That is like forcing me to keep subscribing to them for at least 10 more months. Bleah.. I don't know whether my Training Employment Pass will be considered as EP proper or not but I foresee that it will not be and I need to wait until next year before I get my deposit back. And yeah I have $400 deposit for my phone and for my broadband. Grrah..

Got a plan to go Sentosa today but I felt lazy. Suddenly the meeting time was changed last night and I just lost my mood lah. Oh well.. I am very emo that I can no longer enjoy the good food in NUS (lol) and the students special. My olio chunks stall at Science is already closed. And I am glad that I went Spinelli today as it will open on weekdays only during holiday (gosh! I thought I could still enjoy it on Saturday!). I had McDonalds yesterday for the sake of getting the Coke can glass. Bleah.. Already full and felt sick halfway through the fries only nia... And as I thought I could relax today, I received an SMS that my bank card is replaced with a new one through mail. I was like "WTF!". It was not clear whether the card was just sent or I was expected to receive it already. I called and was told that it was already sent since 10 May. Holy crap! Thank goodness it was still safe in the mailbox. Perhaps it was not a wrong decision not to go Sentosa today eh..

Oh and at school I bumped into a grad student in my lab last time. She told me my work was going to be published. Lol I just pretend to smile and never said anything. Deep inside my heart I was like thinking "Is it really my work? That rubbish non-reproducible results?". Haha.. I doubt it is my work la.. Perhaps she just told me out of courtesy but actually it was my mentor's work. And honestly I see no big deal about publication whatsoever since the end I only got an A-.

Haiz ok back to emo now :( Tomorrow gotta wash laundry and prepare work clothes :( Not to mention that I will do ushering from 430-10pm. Aaaargh

No comments: