Friday, April 29, 2011

PR 4106: Dosage Form Design III

No drug.. No caffeine.. Yet I was still troubled to fall asleep the night before. And all that worry and stress were useless.. In fact, the whole mugging was useless because nothing was hardly asked from the notes. Sigh..

1/3 of the MCQ questions were from the woman's 2 chapters. Another 1/3 was about excipients. Oh come on! That means only 20 MCQ questions out of another 10 sets of notes. Seriously the lecturer should just retire if he is that lazy. It was hardly testing what was taught. And seriously, some questions regarding the excipients were rather dumb. Who cares which thing comes from the sea? Who cares which thing swells the most when taking water? Jeez... I reviewed about excipients but I stopped at knowing which is for what purpose. Seriously who cares about the trivia and redundant questions like that!

The long question was bad too. The second question came from the FIRST set of notes omg! Yea you know, first topic is always the useless one rite? Haha.. Anyway, I was lucky that I somehow mugged that redundant slides which eventually came out. The first question was jialat. I never see this "multi-particulate controlled drug delivery system" term before. So I asked the asshole. His reply was crap: "Did you attend my lecture? This is a proper term to describe this kind of thing". WHAT THE FUCK. Seriously WHAT THE FUCK! If that term is so important, then you should put it somewhere in the notes. Fuck him man!

Anyway, I "won". Before I asked him, I asked the woman. She gave me a blank face and WTF expression upon seeing that word. She said she would have to call the asshole. So yea that asshole came. And guess what, apparently MANY of my classmates had also never see/read/hear that term before. And I checked the textbook after that. The term used in textbook was "single-unit" vs "multiple-unit". So yeah I don't know where he invented that term of his. Stupid shit...

Oh well who cares seriously.. There was no way I could figure out that tablet is single-unit and pellet is multi-particulate. Aren't tablets made of multiple of powder/granules and hence also multi particulate? Screm him ba! And anyway I did not answer his question. But I did attend that lecture but I skipped your others (thank God for that because you did not even ask us about all the granulation and fluid bed whatever). Perhaps he did mention the term but maybe it sounded so lame/general that nobody realised that it was a "proper" term and note it down somewhere.

No comments: