Sunday, March 27, 2011

P2 is over!

Phew.. FINALLY!!! I am only left with poster now.. And before I forget, I would like to say everything about the P2. I was very nervous and very scared during the preparations. I definitely did not meet the 20 minutes criterion but I *think* it was not timed so I guess it was alright. I was nervous since waking up and I was really surprised with my heart muscles because it could stay palpitating for like 5 hours lol.

Anyway I felt it was much better than P1. I was more or less prepared for the Q&A and I could defend myself well, although there were some unexpected parts which I never even thought of before. Firstly, it was about efficiency of the process. I was only interested in comparing release rate of the drug and thus only in drug content in my formulation. However, from drug formulation experts, they would also be interested with the efficiency of the process i.e how much drug was used initially and how much was incorporated into the formulation. I could not recall the figure and had to follow-up. Another thing I never thought of before was another control group on the cell assay. Yeah, it made sense to have another control group which contains the nanotubes and the drug so as to compare that with the nanotubes which contain the drug. But oh well =x They were also not convinced with TEM images alone but unfortunately, they just had to believe that. Could have done another tests, but simply time was not enough, there were not enough materials, it would cost a bomb to use a different equipment, and I did not want to be subjected to another equipment training. Lol.

E1
I am actually not sure whether my E1 actually read my report or not!! Haha.. He asked a few questions which I already addressed in the report!! Omg.. But he was so alert with things like different scales in my TEM images although I actually explained it in the report but due to time constraint during presentation, I skipped the explanation part. He also asked me (about my most feared question!) on the synthesis of the nanotubes. OUCH! I did read and prepare for that. But he did not look convinced! Lol.. Anyway the paper that I had only have the description of the method but not the mechanism/process on how the thing worked. So they explained it as if it was "magic" and that was my explanation too. Lol.. But he is damn smart! He actually brought up the cell assay part which really made my jaw dropped.

E2
Evil! Lol.. I was "shot" for some words which I chose. Sigh.. She even said she disagree with a part of my conclusion and asked me how I would change that. Gosh! Anyway I did not change. Lol.. I told her why I worded it that way and we came to an agreement that I made a bit of speculation on that (since more work would be required). However, she actually read the report and put "post-it" at the pages where she would be asking questions. Considering the number of students she had, I find it pretty WOW! She even sort of "defended" me about the first part of my TEM images since that was explained in my report. However, the second part of TEM was just hopeless because I could not explain and she also thought TEM alone was not sufficient for that second part. She brought up the formulation issue which, again I never thought of before, I thought kinda true.

E3
She was very nice. She said I was passionate about my project. I was like LMAO!! Who on earth would be passionate about FYP! But one thing I am glad was that she could understand my project (though I think it was partly because my project was quite simple). And at one part of my explanation, I could actually see her expression changing from a confused frown to a nod of understanding, which means my explanation worked! Lol.. Now I understand how my secondary school Physics teacher felt when she told me and my friends that she was glad that in difficult explanations, she found it encouraging to see us nodding lol.

Overall, I feel quite good. Not perfect, but quite good. Sigh.. I feel that it worth at least A- leh :( Please!!!

No comments: