Thursday, March 10, 2011

Haiz.. It is getting tougher to set aside time to maintain this blog. FYP was over last week (at least for the lab  component) but there is one test and one project which is due for each week :( Looking at the bright side, I am glad that I no longer need to spend time in the lab anymore. That certainly frees up a lot of time. FYP kept being a pain in the ass for me. I wasted over $50 for all the printing disasters. Firstly, the default setup for colour printing at school was one sided. I just realised that after I printed 4 sets! Wow! Although the copy for myself and my supervisor did not need to be one sided, I had to reprint for the submission copies. Zz.. After I reprinted double sided, I realised that my paging was akward.. and worse still, I discovered mistakes on 5 pages. I had to reprint and rebundle o_0 I foresaw some mistakes would only be discoverable AFTER I printed and not when I read through the soft copy.. and it occurred. Darn!

More deadlines are waiting for me. Natural products CA was just over today but I need to start thinking about FYP slides, poster, natural products and DFD assignments. Next week will be natural products lab test and the following week (I think) will be DFD lab test. Aargh! Not to include weekly assignments for pharm prac 3. I considered myself lucky again today. The CA could be much worse but thank God it was not that bad! Our pharm prac 3 journal was surprisingly good. To be honest, it was kind of unbeliavable. I think other groups had 2 or 3 days discussion while my group only had 2 or 3 hours discussion. Haha.. Well, our luck was that our article seemed to be excellently written. During the discussion we were wondering how come there was so few things to critique. Was it because we were just too lazy and dumb to detect any? Haha.. Apparently NOT. Lol.. And the fact that the lecturer chose that article for his journal club means that the article was good. Haha...

Haiz.. as much as I am willing to work hard for this last sem, I am just to distracted. I plan to go home during reading week (and I am not joking since I already purchased the air ticket) so I am already in holiday mood. Haha.. Tomorrow I will be done with my passport renewal so I just need to wait for 15 April and swooosh I am home! Lol. The thought of things to follow makes me very emo =( The initial plan to rent a condo unit failed because one person finally decided to do PhD while another one has not guaranteed a job here. So I am left with 1 friend and that will be too expensive to rent a condo unit. Now my choice is either to find a room or to find 1 or 2 people to share a condo unit. I wonder which will be easier =( Renting a room can cost up to $800-900 haiz.. I rather spend $1000 and find another person to share a condo unit! T_T In worst case scenario, I will find a room at a condo because I really need the gym and swimming pool!

Okay now comes the more random parts. I really think my supervisor is a very nice person and lecturer. Just that my FYP experiences tarnished it all. Yesterday I did her experiment in the lab.. and because FYP was (more or less) over, it felt much more relaxed and nicer to interact with her during class.. She called me "Super Xxxx" (erm.. Xxxx refers to my name) but to be honest, I don't know whether she was joking or she was being sarcastic =x But I was glad that she showed some concern and asked whether I had any problem "bureaucratically" with my FYP submission. Haha...

I was approached by a guy after class today. He was promoting a talk which will happen tomorrow. He found my eye contact too intense and he could not stand it! Lol.. After saying 2 sentences, he immediately backed off and asked me why I was looking at him that way. I was like o_0... Maintaining eye contact ma! Haha.. Oh well.. no wonder people find me very scary sometime (most of the time? or always?) haha.. and no wonder I am still single.. I scare girls rather than charm them lol..

Lastly I would like to comment on my HUGE disappointment about Dissidia 012 game! I have been eagerly waiting for the game and it does not meet my expectation. The opening FMV is a sucker as it is just a combination of the opening from the previous games + some from the trailers. The ending is super short and lame shit.. Sigh.. Really really sad... I still remember my excitement for the first game upon watching the opening video alone.. and that was sufficient to make me purchase a PSP. Grr...

No comments: