Saturday, February 5, 2011

Welcoming Rabbit Year 2011-2012

Finally.. this is the first time that I am feeling relatively stress-free.. perhaps ever since FYP began :( I just procrastinated throughout this week and managed to submit my scientific essay yesterday. Wew! I am amazed that I managed to craft close to 4500 words of bullshit haha... Now I am just waiting for another the X-th round of scoldings. I did my best so there is nothing much I can do. I actually proof-read that piece of junk THREE times!! If there are still incoherence or grave grammatical errors, that is just the real state of my English proficiency. There were trying times like when the letter "E" on my keyboard became unresponsive. I thought that was the end of my laptop (thank God I have external keyboard). But 1 hour later, it fixed itsellf! Gosh.. suddenly I saw a string of "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" on my screen. Haha.. The best part was last night, just a few hours before the end of deadline, my EndNote screwed up. It disappeared from my MS Word.. I had to do my references manually T_T Have mercy on me, God!! Haiz.. Then after I sent the file past deadline, I did not know that abstract should be included!! Tadaa... Had to do that and resubmit.. Everything finished at about 3am.. I went to bed at 4am but I got too excited to sleep haha.. It felt so good when there was no stress lol.. Surprisingly I woke up (naturally! not alarm-induced) at 830!! So I only had less than 4 hours of effective sleep last nite. Gosh!

I am not looking forward to this 新年 because fortune tellers say it's a pretty bad year for me. Sigh.. My aunt just lost her mother-in-law so there was no celebrating for her family. But even if there was any celebration, I would have to decline to chiong for my report.. I still went for the celebration with my friends.. But I came late.. Haha.. Oh well, class ended at 6 on Tuesday.. So I missed Yu Sheng and photo taking!! Noooo....! But it was a great de-stress session playing Wii.. I never expect that playing a fighting game could be so fun at Wii... Anyway there was no joystick swinging etc, it's juat playing like usual. Perhaps it was crazy because we played a stupidly genius game! 

The game is Capcom vs Tatsunoko. The game itself is hilarious because of the characters. There is this little girl fighting with bucket and mop.. So when she was matched up to fight the boss (which is the giant robot), we all laughed and screamed like mad! She was basically trampled by the robot. I guess the bulk of the fun came from the fact that everyone had no idea on how to play.. We were basically mashing up all the buttons randomly, hoping to execute some special attacks. We did not even know how to call and switch with the assist character so everyone was screaming (while randomly mashing the buttons) in the hope that the assist character would miraculously appear and replace the dying character.

I enjoyed myself because I was quite good at it. Haha.. I won the first 3 battles.. at the state of total cluelessness of the gameplay. It must be because of my Chun-Li! Yeah haha... Female characters always kick ass in fighting games.. And Wii only have directional buttons and 2 pads to hit.. Surprisingly, anything that I press would make the character perform their special moves rather than normal kick or punch. No stress to perform up up left right A or something to make Ryu's Hadouken comes out or something. So yeah it was brainless fun.


Basically that's all that I did for this week. Actually my latest ebay packets came just nice on Wednesday. Presents for myself to celebrate this Lunar New Year lol.. I shall talk about ebay stuff next time ba.. Haha.. I shopped close to $1000 already! Lol.. Now it's time to play my PSP again! I never know that Dissidia can be this fun :D

Ui (my beloved rabbit plushie ^^) wishes everyone Happy Rabbit Year :)