Friday, December 10, 2010

A long post for a long week

Initially I was thinking whether to share the good things or the bad things first. But then I realised that everything is equally emo. Haha.. So I shall go by chronological order then. Lol.. Beware, though, this is gonna be terribly lo~~~~~ng.

I had my dental cleaning on Tuesday. My oral hygiene has improved a lot. But I was told that my front tooth is showing signs of demineralisation!! Ouch! What the hell :'( I wanted to cry.. Despite the crazy things that I do to my teeth daily, how can such things be possible T_T Anyway I can't help it. Under normal lighning, there is no way I can tell which teeth are healthy which teeth are jialat. It has to be under strong light (like the dental chair kind) to see the difference. Well, I guess that really makes the once every 3 months cleaning appointment be of utmost importance to me right now. No more delaying to try to save money anymore. A high concentration of fluoride was applied to that tooth and I could not eat and drink for 2 hours. I wonder how the thing worked/was absorbed but I hope the thing did wonders :( And that treatment caused my stomach to be empty for 16hours wew...

I always learn new things from the dental cleaning visits. Long time ago, I learnt that when there is blood during flossing, instead of stop flossing, keep on flossing. The blood means there are bacteria colonies there. Anyway the blood should be dirty blood, not fresh blood. Point noted.. Not too long ago, I learnt that it is ok to floss all the way down to the gums (I always thought it would cause any bleeding), that when it is getting harder to put the floss in between teeth, it means that the gaps are closing (I always thought that the floss would cause the gaps to widen), and that to use the tongue and feel grooves as a sign of no tartar (I always thought no groove is good!). This time, I was taught how to brush my teeth haha.. It was quite interesting. She taught me to angle the brush from the top to clean in between the teeth. I always thought I should angle it from below! Lol..

These experiences made me regret that I did not give dentistry a try at all for my university education. Sigh.. Now I feel that dentists work in a relatively nice environment. There is no rush, there is nice and fuzzy clinic, and the most interesting is there is genuine relationship among staff and with the patients. I don't think I will even get that from pharmacy. Bleah.. No point crying over spoilt milk so I guess the lesson I learnt is: just whack send job application to retail, private, and polyclinic. Later on then choose.. Don't limit my options right from the start! I will never know whether someday I find out that private or polyclinics are better than retail or something like that.

My second batch of anime books finally arrived! Wow.. Registered mail really did wonders. It came within 2 working days. I am amazed that the guy sent on Friday 520pm and it was delivered by Tuesday 9am. Wow!! I am deeply satisfied with 2 books, so-so with 1, and disappointed with 1. The so-so one is the most expensive. Geez.. The art from the games/anime I don't know is not that good! I actually chose this one over since it has a combination of the art from another 2 books. This book has art from other titles while if I choose the 2 books, I will have to settle with many B&W pages.. But at least they are still manga of the anime I like! Haiz.. Sad.. The book I am disappointed with is really due to my carelessness. I was too eager to buy that I did not read the description properly. There are only 20+ coloured pages.. The rest is B&W and worse is: MANY ARE WRITINGS!! GGRRRRAH!! Oh well :(

 The 2 original books which I want (I only want the coloured pictures the artist - Kyoko Tsuchiya. I don't want the rest of the B&W pages!)

 Collection of all artwork by Kyoko Tsuchiya (I only like the Weiss pictures!)

With more books, my drawer no longer has the space. It is time for me to get a plastic container box. And guess what, at 8pm, I decided to go to Kinokuniya and then to Giant. Why Kino? Actually right after done with my dentist in the morning, I saw the third book from the Manga Bible series. I wanted to buy but I was hoping that there will be 20% Xmas sale or something. Haha.. But since I needed to go out, might as well right? Even at the bus stop I was still considering whether to go out that late. Well, 95 came before A1 or A2 so off I went. Lol..

Talking about book, I read a bit of the Chinese Horoscope book for nxt year. I became damn emo! Oh gosh, it's Rabbit Year next year and how on earth that Rabbit has the shittiest luck? I don't know how these things go so I can't describe why they say it is gonna be bad.. Conclusion is: I will be doomed.. Haiz.. Many bad things have entered my mind: failed project, 2nd class, I will hate my prereg place, and many more.. :'(


The manga was kinda disappointing for me too. One thing for sure, the artist is different from the previous 2 book. I hate this one.. Very manga style.. Even the males look like females (esp the eyes). Anyway the book contains the stories from creation up to Moses crossing the Red Sea. Reading this makes me wonder about my faith. It is quite appalling to see the the early fathers of faith are not much different from criminals: they fought over wealth, they killed, they took wives and concubines, etc.. It seems that human beings are not much different from what they were thousands of years ago.

From Vivo, I discovered that Best is having IT fair this week, and the netbook that I want is there too!! Gosh.. Toshiba NB-520. There is green colour, there is free DVD slot (I can install my ms office), estimated battery life is 8-10 hours, but one big downside, the POSITION of the speaker.. It will collect dust easily! But anyway, I think I can say bye to buying netbook liao. I brought my laptop to the lab and the wi-fi was bad. No point bringing there since I cannot kill time to buy time facebook also.



I am done with Tuesday! Fiuh.. Seems like "A long Tuesday" would be more appropriate. Haha.. Anyway I went to bank yesterday to check my registered address and about my debit card. Seems like I cannot do internet shopping without applying for iBanking first! Gah! So how on earth that PayPal could deduct my $3 few weeks ago for a registration (which obviously failed.. duh)? This is seriously a bad thing.. The moment I can do internet shopping, OMG there are tonnnes of things from Ebay that I want to buy!! Thank goodness I am not into anything currently. My irrational craze is always over the anime stuff which was from 10+ years ago. It will stop sooner or later haha..

This weekend there is an anime fair again at Suntec. I will give it a miss =( Thanks to stupid FYP I have no time to enjoy life.. I will have to give Narnia a miss too T_T I'm really sad.. Anyway I gotta work this weekend. Thanks to stupid FYP, I hardly can work during weekdays.. I really need to earn a bit since my expenses for the past anime books have been higher than normal. Gotta earn a bit ma..

I am near to the end of the post! Yeah the final rant is about my project.. I feel that this week is terribly long is because I spent 10+ hours daily in the lab! And I don't know why but I could only get 5 hours of sleep daily. I did not set up any alarm clock but I would always wake up 5 hours after I sleep. I am a living zombie now.. And I am terribly emo. With this kind of investment, I still getting remarks like "lazy", "slow", "not thinking". Seriously! How much more am I supposed to give? :( I am not in the mood to go into the details now sigh.. Anyway I spent too much on this post already so maybe I will go into the details when I have the mood.

No comments: