Monday, October 11, 2010

Procrastinator

Procrastination refers to the counterproductive deferment of actions or tasks to a later time. Psychologists often cite such behaviour as a mechanism for coping with the anxiety associated with starting or completing any task or decision. Schraw, Wadkins, and Olafson have proposed three criteria for a behavior to be classified as procrastination: it must be counterproductive, needless, and delaying.

Procrastination may result in stress, a sense of guilt and crisis, severe loss of personal productivity, as well as social disapproval for not meeting responsibilities or commitments. These feelings combined may promote further procrastination. While it is regarded as normal for people to procrastinate to some degree, it becomes a problem when it impedes normal functioning. Chronic procrastination may be a sign of an underlying psychological disorder.

Above is the excerpt from wikipedia. The last sentence summarises it nicely: I am going crazy! I am very stressed. It is not that I do not wanna start to do my work. It is not that I am distracted either. It is more like I am the one looking for distraction. It seems that I need the adrenaline rush close to deadline to be able to start doing my work.

I had a free day yesterday but I only started on my ppt after dinner time. As expected, I got really stressed and did quite a lousy work. I only managed to make about 12 slides.. add all the fillers and it is more or less 17 in total. Well I roughly tried saying the things I wanted to say and it took me about 8 minutes already.. After I write a proper script, I think I will exceed 10 minutes. The question is: WHEN WILL I START WRITING THE SCRIPT?? Grr.. Looks like I am gonna procrastinate again tonite to do it..

I had a bad day.. I think my project is doomed.. Sigh.. The reply from my supervisor does not sound very good.. I am failing... I am stressed.. I am sick.. I am emo.. Haiz..

My fav song from their whole album..
I wonder why the fans' movement look damn robotic (read: retarded) here haha...

No comments: