Friday, July 30, 2010

Busan (13th July - 19th July)

This is the last part of my fantastic journey in Korea. I would start by saying how impressed I am with Busan. I think it's a very cool place. It's a city surrounded by mountains and beaches, yet the city planning and design are quite modern. Truly it shows how man and nature can co-exist harmoniously. The weather fluctuates a lot and I was when my friends were telling me that they always take note of weather forecast. After staying there, I understand. I still love the weather though, especially at night. Surrounded by mountains make it really cooling and windy at night. So yeah, I love Busan ^^

Day 10 - 13th July
It was raining pretty heavily upon arrival in Busan. I was quite surprised that I had to take bus from the plane to the terminal. Looks like regardless of the country, domestic flights get the same treatment eh? Haha.. So perhaps Indonesia is not bad after all. Lol.. Ah surprisingly I managed to locate my friend's boyfriend who picked me up. It was kinda akward in the taxi due to language barrier though.

Upon reaching my friend's place, I was initally quite shocked with the mess and the small size of the room! It's really small for a house considering the toilet is there, the kitchen is there, and the tv is also there. Even my PGP room (which has no kitchen) is of similar size of her house. Woa.. Well since I am bunking for free, I shall not complain. So the whole day I just slept until the evening when my friend finished work. We had dinner (which was too bony for my liking). And I had dinner with cold water. I was wondering how on earth she can survive with no heater.. It turned out to be I did not know how to on the heater haha...

Day 11 - 14th July
I started the day with camwhoring (ooops). I slept pretty quickly after I washed my hair the previous night so I woke up with a very nice standing hair. Haha.. Looks like I found a new way to style my hair after wax and gel all fail on me haha..
I really appreciate my friend's friends who accompanied me shopping on this day, even though they never every see me before.. Oh gosh.. I doubt I will do such thing in Singapore to strangers.. Hmm.. I owe them and I guess I must pay it forward.. if I have the chance. Anyway we went to Centum City which claimed to be in Guinness Book of Record as the largest department store. I beg to differ haha... On the highest floor, there was an iceskating ring. I would really love to try! I never try it before that is why I thought it was a good chance: it was not crowded so if I fell down, not many would see and laugh. Bleah.. I had to forgo it since I was expected to have my own gloves and they only rented shoes. Wtf... After that, I was brought to the riverfront near the mall. In the opposite bank, I saw people jet-skiing!! I also want!!! Huhu...

Next stop was shopping at Nampodong. It was the place where they hold Busan International Film Festival. It was near Busan Tower but who cares? Lol.. Seoul Tower was already a disappointment so what is this Busan Tower. Rather than paying to view the city from the Tower, we went to the sky garden of the nearby Lotte Mall. Good enough for me. I looked for clothes to shop but I didn't really find anything good. One good thing was I finally fulfilled my cravings for Pa-Jeon (Korean Pancake!). Wow.. Haha... Though the vegie was too overwhelming for me to like it haha.. I prefer the one at Yongin Folk Village.

 Busan Internation Film Festival Gantry
 
Even King Kong, Spidey, and Catwoman cannot resist alcohols when they were in Korea lol
Busan Tower

The day was still young! After work, my friend (and boyfriend) brought me to see Gwangan Bridge. It was a pretty sight.. The weather was nice and windy and cold. So it was a good photo opportunities. To my surprise, there was a beach nearby tooo!!! OMG a beach in the night!! That was really so cool!! Even the sand was cold and the water was cold!! Hohoho.. I really love it since the beach front was not that wide also.. A lovely place indeed (no chance to visit it again during daylight to witness its full splendour though). Tried many many jump shots but all failed due to low light haha.. and the wind kept blowing my shirt up and exposing things which should be left to imagination. Haha.. Since this time onwards, I shall stop doing jump shots until I lose that ugly fat!

 Gwangan Bridge at night

Day 12 - 15th July
The previous day was a long and tiring day so I woke up pretty late today. Haha.. A bit of gastric problem since I only had the pancake for dinner the previous night.  Today another 2 new friends (wow!! thanks so much) accompany me for shopping for clothes!! Whee.. I really have to thank the guy friend for knowing where to bring me for male clothings haha.. Anyway I spent 70000 won for 1 hoodie and 2 vests (1 formal and 1 casual). Wow.. There went all my money haha... It ended my shopping session too (I am satisfied finally!) although it also meant that I had to break down my US$. Overspending liao haha..

It was scorching hot at noon but at 6 onwards the cool breeze came. Nice.. Had fried chicked (very good!) as dinner. Supposedly it's a favourite supper for the university students nearby. I can clearly understand why haha..

Day 13 - 16th July
There were no tour guides for me today so I just slept in the whole day xD Anyway it was a good thing because I hardly slept the night before. Haha.. I woke up several times due to cold, mosquito, and the worst: gastric! Darn.. I took 2 tablets of antacids and they still didn't work. I decided to have many smaller meals this day.

I was quite proud of my achievement to be able to go buy McD and Angel-in-us Coffee on my own! Lol.. I regretted to assume that the people in McD could not speak English. So to be save, I ordered Big Mac. I actually wanted to try the stuff not available in Singapore.. Oh well..

For dinner, I had BBQ! Yay.. Missed the Korean BBQ at Seoul due to the sickening Bibimbap but at least it was revenge time now! Haha.. I wanted beef but that BBQ shop only had pork. Aaaargh but oh well, it was still a very good meal.

Later at night, I was brought to experience Koreans night lifestyle: drinking!! Lol.. Bought makolli (rice wine). It came in a huge bowl and it was scary. Anyway I got tipsy after my first serving (much smaller bowl) already. My whole body turned red, I felt pain in the eyes and muscles, could not walk straight and so on. Woo.. but still managed to finish 3 bowls haha.. The side-dishes were good too! I never expected there were other combination of pancakes. There was kimchi pancake!! Yo yum yum. Too bad I already deleted the picture of the makolli!! Arrgh.. Wanted to show how big the bowl was!

Day 14 - 17th July
It was Saturday and my friend could finally bring me around. Yay.. The weather was fantastic: cloudy and windy, not sunny and not rainy! Wheee.. perfect weather to camwhore and to walk around. The day's destinations were: Nurimaru (APEC House) and Hauendae Beach. But the highlight was the beach front between the 2 places. Wuih.. What a great place to take photo. Nurimaru itself was just so so. But Hauendae Beach was just stunning! Wow.. The wave was nice and strong (how I loved to be able to get into the water and play T_T) and the beach was very very clean, no single litter! Wow.. It is definitely a must-visit-again place when I go back to Busan in the future. This beach makes me officially a beach person now! Haha.. I used to like mountains more than beaches. But this beach just rocks!!

 Views from the walkway between Nurimaru and Haeundae

I tried the sticky Turkey Ice Cream too haha.. Not very nice la taste-wise. But the maker was funny, if I could steal the cone from him, I could get the ice cream for free. I grabbed the cone but it broke! Haha.. The cone was too lousy that there was no way of grabbing it without snapping it lor! Haha...

Went to Kyungsung University in the late afternoon. The university seemed a bit old to me ba. Haha.. But the dorms!! OH MY GOD!! It makes my dorm a shit in comparison. The room there is huge.. The aircon is strong.. The corridors are wide.. The toilet is also huge and hotel standard. It was just fantastic! Wow cool..

And since I had 2 days left, I got a bit lenient with my spending. Haha.. I decided to try other alcoholic beverage. For the night, I tried Bokbunjaa. It smelled so good when I opened the bottle (and my friends agreed too!!). It tasted like a red wine.. It was an awesome stuff!! Haha.. At night, my friend bought beers and I tried few brands. Oh well, only liked one of them.. The rest was too bitter. But anyway, beer is not my thing. Haha.. Many days of alcohol seemed to affect my gastric adversely but oh well, last few days.. Might as well sacrifice my gastric lol.

 Bokbunjaa is the red bottle. The green bottle is plum dunno what. Haha..

Day 15 - 18th July
Beomosa Temple was disappointing. Bah.. They had services there and thus it killed my mood to camwhore. To me, because people were worshipping there, the place was a place of worship. Thus it was not so appropriate for me to camwhore. The Temple was on a mountain so I took it as a trip to mountain and forest ^^

After that we went to Taejongdae. It was rocky cliff.. It was stunning! It was beyond imagination. I could not describe the sight and experience. I shall put up a few pictures.. But still, nothing beats going there to experience it yourselves. Wow..

 My hand trembled as I was taking this photo. If my phone fell, that's the end of it -_-


 Aren't these stunning??

Last night already le.. Sad... Tried bokbunjaa's counterpart. Don't know what plum thing.. The green bottle looked tempting but the drink inside was not haha...

Day 16 - 19th July
The End of my journey.. Fin... Sad :'( I had 6 hours of transit at Incheon. Well, at least I experienced 'transitting' and taking 'connecting flights' etc. Lol.. Thank God (seriously!) for the Traditional Korean Cultural Experience Zone in the airport! It really helped to kill my time. I got the chance wear many different Korean clothes (the doorman's, the royal family's, and the King's!) Wow.. I wanted to try Prince's too!! :'( But anyway I was too shy already la.. Anyway each person supposedly can only try once lol.. But I waited until the person there changed shift lol.. Other than that I got to try their traditional painting and their traditional percussion (tried to take photo with it but I looked ugly so I deleted!) Haha..

No comments: