Monday, June 28, 2010

Tsukemen

Soft Shell Crab Tsukemen

It is unlike me to take picture of food when I go to restaurant. But for this exceptional dish, I was being exceptional. Lol.. I am quite adventurous when it comes to food. When I go to a restaurant, I would order something unusual or something whose names are unique. This meal is called "Tsukemen". Basically it is just a noodle dish whose soup/broth is in separate bowl. So dip the noodle to the sauce and eat it (of course if you want to be "traditional", just pour the soup to the noodle but that defeats the purpose of buying this rite?).

So what makes this thing very unique to me? Firstly, its name. Haha.. I actually never come across the name and hence the food. When food came, I found the broth to look and smell very... INDESCRIBABLE. Lol.. That's the word I shall use. I tasted the soup and the taste was also INDESCRIBABLE. Haha.. I could not tell it was good or not because this was my virgin experience tasting and smelling something like that. Wow.. So I was quite excited..

After some time being undecided, my final verdict is: the food is good and I love it! Lol.. The soup was a bit salty and the crab was a bit meatless though. But other than that, it was a good meal.

I shall reserve this post just to talk about this good food. Lol.. For trivia, tsukemen sounds very similar to ikemen. And what does ikemen mean? It means good-looking or handsome man. Hmm.. No wonder I am attracted to this good food. Ikemen eats tsukemen LOL...

No comments: