Saturday, May 29, 2010

Latest news from around the world

After sooo long, I finally was able to read newspaper yesterday. There was so much that I had missed for the past few weeks.

Firstly, I am not sure with the latest development of the unrest in Thailand. Was there still demonstration? I knew conflict finally broke out between the demonstrator and the army few weeks ago but I don't know the extent and the aftermath of that. I read that some of the building (read: shopping malls) were burnt down. Aaah.. it was just less than 2 years ago that I visited Bangkok and I had great time walking around and taking photo of Central World etc. Aaah.. But anyway according to wiki, it was just some part of the buildings that were burnt. When I read the newspaper, I thought the whole building was burnt down.. Woa.. that was really very shocking.. Bah politics is always like that.. But what I don't understand is what the demonstrator expect by burning and looting buildings bla bla bla.. They just ruin their own country reputation, ruin their own people livelihood etc..

Next, let's go to Korea. Lol.. Few weeks ago, I knew that one of the ship was sunk and bla bla bla.. Apparently the consequences are pretty bad.. Haiz.. I just hope that there is no war whatsoever ba.. Oh well, an interesting thing this time is that China feels the pressure whether to defend North Korea or to maintain stability in the region by following UN, US, South Korea in this matter. This time, it was evident that the bad guy is the North.. Oh well.. I hope all is well since I just paid my ticket to fly there in July T_T

Oil spill is everywhere.. The one at Mexico (or is it USA?) apparently is still not over yet and BP (British Petroleum) is currently on the heat.. But in Singapore, there is also a spill and I think many places like Changi Beach and East Coast are affected too. Hmm.. It must be quite terrible at these places right now.. Not to mention that the current weather is so HOT! Bah.. Okay I start to digress from the oil spill topic lol.. Anyway the spillage near Singapore is due to a tanker, but the one near USA is from the oil rig.. Seriously it is quite scary.. In Indonesia, due to mining activity, somehow they accidentally caused mud to spill from the land.. And now (after 1 years+) there is no sign of stopping. The mud is simply 'invading' the land.. If the oil spill cannot be stopped like this mud too, I think it is very scary.. Perhaps it is time to be more environment-conscious?? Lol..

World Cup fever is creeping in haha.. I am not so interested in reading the sports section.. Seriously, come on, I don't really care about where and how this team is training or that team is training bla bla bla.. Can't the reporters just wait for the World Cup to start and then write appropriate news? Bleah.. I am sure that there are more interesting sport news out there..

From LIFE! section, I learnt that Martha Steward was in Singapore (or perhaps she IS still here). But I am more interested about American Idol. Yep the latest season was just over last Thursday. I was hoping that the woman would win (though I actually never follow this season at all haha...). Too bad the winner turned out to be the guy. But the my interest is regarding Simon Cowell's departure! Aaah.. There goes AI I guess.. After Paula left last year, it was Simon's turn this year.. Looks like there will be less and less fun..




Tribute to Simon.. Haha.. Quite sweet but too bad there was no David Cook. It feels incomplete.. Carrie Underwood rocks!! Haha.. Was suprised that suddenly got Paula too.. Anyway, I thought it was a nice gesture from her to get Simon to the stage but she didn't go up. It was his departure after all LOL..


The original singer.. Reminded me of Celine Dion's 1996 Olympic Finale.. Of course Celine's voice and song is better ^^ But this one has nicer performance with all the pyrotechnics haha..

No comments: