Saturday, December 6, 2008

Lourdes Experience 2008

Woah... I just had a really long day. Left hostel at 7am and reached back at 10pm.. I don't know whether I think this experience is good or bad. Now I know more about Immaculate Conception and the story about the Lourdes Apparition. Haha. Ok I shall just list some interesting events/things or some things that I found interesting:

1) It was quite a cool experience as I could enter the Singapore Indoor Stadium and explored (backstage, storeroom, balcony, etc). It gave me the feeling of watching concert there... Or even having a concert there lol. I went up on stage during the set up to ask where to put the rostrum.

2) Rostrum is a new word I learnt today. It is basically the podium, the heavier/nicer looking one. I had to carry a damn heavy one. Well I carried it with a friend. We had to transfer if from storeroom to ABOVE the stage. Walawe... It was 50kg plus I am so sure... It was even heavier than lifting up someone. Sigh...

3) The lunch was surprisingly high class. Well, for a meal to cater hundreds of people, the food from Seoul Garden + Breeks supplier is definitely a treat!! Yay...

4) I was doing medical station. Lucky there was no casualty. Haha... So it was stoning all the way after the thing started at about 2pm.

5) At one part, there was someone crying hysterically. I thought the person cried because of touching experience by the Holy Spirit. Apparently it was not. It was more of like possesion. I never attended healing rally or watsoever so I really cannot tell the difference. I guess now I have a rough idea. But I wonder how come there was not anyone who fell down/fainted. So unlike those healing rallies shown on TV.

6) Dismantling stuff is faster than assembling. Haha... I got to 'play' with the banners. Lol. Was helping to remove and pack up the banners. Lol... And during the rehearsal, I was acting as the cross bearer lol... I am not an altar boy so it was a preview. Lol... I am a bit mad hor... Ah and the final part of cleaning up was rather fun. We had to search every part of the stadium to find cards stuck on the floor. Lol.. It was like playing a game to find as many clue cards as possible.

7) I saw a lot of ugly sides of Singaporeans. Sorry to say that... but it's true. There was an auntie who was begging me to let her use the Gents. W T H! She thinks the toilet belongs to me meh? Wat the heck lor... Got another 2 aunties asking toilet in a very rude manner and sarcastic even after answer was given. F U la...! I hope you did not find one and wetted your pants. I did not do ushering so I did not witness the ultimate proof of kiasuness. I heard a lot of people jostled and competed to get the packs given as souvenir. Really so wat the hell lor... I am sure many took more than 1.

8) The day ended quite sadly for me. I was expecting to get the water for souvenir T_T Mission unfulfilled. Sad la.. Haiz... Should not expect for such thing but still... Nevermind la... I shall go to the source of the water itself. It was quite demoralising to see one lady who only has one functional limb which is her right arm. Both her legs are prosthetics and her left arm is disabled. It made me realise how blessed I am with my perfect 4 limbs. But still, seeing this kind of thing usually affects be quite badly. I mean... I imagine how she carries on with her life. I really don't know. I just find it quite cruel for someone to get this kind of life.

Ah ya I got the chance to listen to the supposedly best choir in Singapore. Hmm... I saw no eccentricities from the conductor (unlike the stories) but it was quite stressful to watch their rehearsal. But I have to say that he is amazing. He sings perfectly and I like the way he conducts as he moves around and stuff. Lol... But honestly, I saw/heard nothing special from the choir lor. Music-wise, I am still more impressed with the organist in my ex-choir. He is a pro! Talented people are sometimes weird in one way or the other. Oh well... Better than me I suppose... No talent but weird/lacking in MANY ways T_T

No comments: