Tuesday, October 28, 2008

History

6 years ago, on this very day, a cute 15 year-old boy was forcefully exiled against his will by his parents to a country far far away. His parents promised him a bright future and better life there. A claim which he has proven to be false.

First year: 28/10/2002 - 27/10/2003
English was a problem although it was not as grave as PE. I learnt the bitter pill called "failure". After a wrong choice of CCA, I also learnt to believe in his judgement and follow his own ways, not others'. Then came SARS period which provided the much needed break. The additional 1 week break was a blessing. I could celebrate his birthday at home. Social life was barely there. Classmates were hostile towards foreigners and fellow hostelites were no more than fake companions. Lucky that the hostel mistress was very nice and motherly. This period ended with a great distress with the putting up of braces (after 2 very painful teeth extraction, inclusive 1 that took 30minutes and the dentist needed a rest) and the failure to be the top student just by margin of 2 points.

Second year: 28/10/2003 - 27/10/2004
There was a great surge in my spiritual life here. I attended weekly masses because I was playing organ for some masses. In fact, I could still remember the very first mass when I played. It was the All Saints' Day mass (as well as to welcome the new batch of scholars). Social life improved tremendously as classmates were getting warmer. Hostel life slightly improved. It was my first experience to be a mascot in one of the hostel games. Lol. I got a triple digit (100) for my A-maths although my History and Higher Malay were going downhill. Thank goodness my English improved (really thankful for my tutor) and that secured me a place in the top JC in the east. And one day, a miracle occured. Suddenly I managed to do 1 pull-up with no training. My classmates were all in disbelief that I could do 1. Lol.



Third year: 28/10/2004 - 27/10/2005
Mugging for O levels was an enjoyable time. Thanks to the prelims. Surprisingly, my Higher Malay saved me for the actual O level results. The grade jumped from C5 (in my prelims) to A2. Halleluya... I needed not to transfer JC. JC life was significantly better. My og (half of them) was a great bunch of people. My luck was not that good as my classmates were rather sucky. Oh well... I made few best friends in my CCA: Harmonica :)



Fourth year: 28/10/2005 - 27/10/2006
In JC, I was humbled even further. I was not that smart after all. Haha... But I had to be greatful for my Chemistry Olympiad bronze medal. Oh darn!! I still remembered what mistake I made. I was too impatient and poured in too much solvent for the organic synthesis lab test. I got no powder in the end. Sigh.. I could still recall the lab where it took place. And the written test was in LT 21 before it was renovated. The Harmonica concert was successful and satisfying. Yeah... It was a good year in fact. And I managed to trash my classmates! I proved that they all sucked!! Their strong 'cliqueing' at the start of the JC life crumbled in the end. Yeah... Told them already that their fake friendship would not hold out. Although my performance in JC was a bit outshone by everyone, I am proud that I constantly scored 4As thoughout the 2 years. Hehe... GP is not counted of course.


Fifth year: 28/10/2006 - 27/10/2007
A level result was a shocker. I was forced (again by parents) to look for job during the holidays. I could not get one. When I got one, I was cheated (but lucky I got the payment 1 year after I quitted) and almost brought the whole thing to the court. God did not wish for that and the hearing was delayed until school began so yeah... eventually no court. Lol. Uni life was not as exciting as what I expected. Sucky people were everywhere. I had a great clique mates. Arigatou :) Though initially the guys bitched about me (I know they were jealous cos I was the only guy in my clique... even until now). Too bad for you all who went ragging. Wakaka... Was demoralised by my poor performance in uni. I was even thinking of swapping course. Sigh... Not an exactly a good year.

Sixth year: 28/10/2007 - 27/10/2008
Fantastic!! That's the word. God saved the cute boy! I had the best Christmas present ever. It even saved me for my hostel stay. My sem 1 and sem 2 results were mirror images of each other. In sem 1, I had no confidence and I did surprisingly well. In sem 2, I thought I did okay, the result came out to be shit. Haiz... I had my first best friend, too bad he turned out to be another fake friend. Well... It's okay!! I was baptised (YEAH!!), I went to Sydney (OH YEAH!!), and I went to Bangkok (Ok only :p). Great great great... It was a GaRYat year. Lol... Although CCA, 6 modules, and studies really weighed me down.



Seventh year: 28/10/2008 - ...
Hopefully I will still be alive until next year... The story is being written.

No comments: