Friday, August 22, 2008

Breaking point

The 2nd week of school just ended and all my enthusiasm for this semester has died. I had very little sleep (the average was about 5 hours daily) and that made me physically, mentally, and spiritually tired. No more smile on my face in the mornings but I am glad that I could control my mood swing better. Okay, let's see where I left off last week.

I attended the sunset Assumption Mass and that coincided with the opening of the grotto and the unveiling of some paintings at the Church of the Holy Cross. Actually I wanted to leave after the mass and skipped those events but there were only about 3 ppl who left. So I decided to stay. Lol. On my way to the overhead bridge, I stepped on XXXX!! Darn!! It was damn smelly and I could not get rid of it. So instead of risking hostile stare on the bus, I walked back to PGP. Crazy eh? Exercise :) Lol. I took the shortcut I knew from FOW and it was damn scary to go there on my own. The Temasek Life Science Lab is freaky and eerie. The minimal lighting but yet enough too see what inside the labs. I imagined if someone suddenly appeared from one of the labs... Gosh... A good spot for fright night. Haha...

On Sunday, I met with a cousin who was holidaying here. Lol. She stays in US so it has been years since I saw her. We had a nice talk. It was worth my nap time :)

On Monday, I had to sing Hallelujah!! Lab actually started on next monday. Hurray!! Lol. I really needed the time to sleep. But during the break, I met my OG who were going to swim!! Alamaks... Seriously... They were too enthu. Lol. So after my assignment was done, I went to SRC (to see of course! not to swim). Had a very sucky lunch at the very cheenah food stall next to the swimming pool and I managed to come out with half paragraph for SP. Lol. The evening Econs lecture was so embarrassing. I had promised to wait for the juniors. So basically we were late for 30mins and we still dared to sit in the most front row directly in front of the lecturer. Never mind... Thick-skin de..

I HATE CHINESE 2!! The exercise averages for 2 pages now. That means the workload is 2x of chinese 1. Wth... And as much as I am thankful for the very enthu and loud tutorial teacher (I did not fall asleep), I am very much horrified with the fact that she gives EXTRA exercises. Die de... And I hate the people... Many of the are fakes! They are already good in the language but they still take it. Haiz... Anyway... let me share something embarrassing but funny. At the beginning of the class, the teacher asked my name. I said my english name. When she asked for my chinese name, I said I did not know how to say it. Lol. So I anyhow said it. In the middle of the lesson, she asked around names again. When it came to my turn, I said "I don't know my name... I mean I do not know the tones." The whole class broke into laughter. But I WAS SERIOUSLY clueless about the pronounciation of my name. Haha...

After Chinese was my ICy AGM and exco selection. I was nominated for secretary but lost. A bit pissed (I heard that I was edge out by 1 vote) but after yesterday, I came to realise that it was God's will to not add more things into my plate. I was so down yesterday as I was tired and I felt that my workload was too much. I hate SP1203!! I loathe it!! Lucky that I finished the stupid statement in 2 hours. Haiz... I shall see how well/badly done it is next week.

Hmm... see the pics down here? A bit late to put ah? Lol... Well.. The reason I put these is because I am so free today that I visited some of my frens' blogs. Lol. Everyone is covering rag rag and rag... How about FOW? Lol... FOW was FUN too ok!!! At least I had a lot of FUN!! Lol... And I am sure those who went also had a lot of fun!


Kudos to these bunch of freshies!! Without your support and attendance, I would not have so much fun during FOW :)


Kudos to the seniors :) Especially to the FOW committee members.. Even I, as an OGL, felt very hurt and sad when my OG was halved and we could not play games, I know it must have been more painful for you all to see your programs and plans fail one by one. Thanks for the Sentosa :) The fun justified it!!


Group Photo :)



The always forgotten cheering squad (a.k.a non-raggers). Never being mentioned anywhere...
Well at least we still got this very nice photo taken. Thanks for the care and coverage for us, Mr Photographer :)



My favourite and most memorable picture.. Lol.. Thanks for the love ^o^
Someone (I cannot remember who you are) said: "Let's point at and say XXXX"
And the guy who helped us to take this said: "Do you want me to take picture of only xxxx?".
Everyone in unison said: "OF COURSE NOOOOOO..."


Well... the fun is gone... But the memory remains... And hopefully the friendship lasts too

No comments: