Friday, July 4, 2008

Pharmacy Freshmen Orientation Camp 2008

This week is very tiring for me. Tiring, but fun! I guess I only had little regret for attending the camp.

Day 1
I was in charge at the Seah Im Centre station. It was such a boring job: WAITING and WAITING! There were 1.5 hours and 2 hours block of full waiting only. The game was quite boring too. Just blindfolding and sorting out only. There was so suitable spot to play so everytime had to cross the bus bay and climbed the fence to go to the empty plot of land quite a distance away form the bus interchange. Everything ended at 7 and I was tired like hell. Plus I lost my voice. But a glass of an expensive watermelon juice helped to recover my voice.

Day 2.
Woke up at 620 to go to the chalet. I hate the place! It was so inaccessible. It took me almost 2.5 hours to reach from my place. The weather was not so good. It rained and stopped and rained and stopped. I was in charge of another boring game. It was not only boring this time, it was also tiring/hard, and it was very disgusting to clean up. One person quipped "Iih, saliva!". I said "You touched your saliva only and you iih-ing.. I had been touching all of your saliva!". Gross. Yucks. I did not expect to stay over that night but luckily I brought extra set of clothes. I was initially allocated the shampoo game so I thought I would get wet. Yeah so they needed help for the SP night and I led the 2nd group. It was tiring and there were a lot of shouting to do. No complain though as the people with the blindfolds would have a more difficult time. Lol. I am thankful that the very first pair was very nice to talk to so I did not die of boredom.

Day 3.
No more clothes so I had to go back to bring fresh set of clothes just in case I needed to stay over again. Slept only for 3 hours, it was very tiring. I could not stand 5 hours of journey (to and fro) so I took taxi to return to chalet, though I had nothing to do in the morning. In the afternoon, my duty was to sit down, slack, and wait. That was my expectation! It turned out to be a very busy and stressful station. Still, it was comfortable so it was okay. Haha... At night, there was nothing to do so it was another boring and waiting time. I wanted to sleep early but I was sure that I would be awake when the fright night was over. So I decided to wait (and play Bridge with seniors). Lucky after the whole thing ended, they asked whether somebody else wanted to go. Of course I wanted. Haha... It was scary if you did not know what to expect la. Haha... Great job. Slept at 4:30 :(

Day 4.
Nothing to do in the morning so I had 2 extra hours of sleep until lunch time. Played the water game in the afternoon. Haha... I had fun. Tiring but very fun. I wanted to stay over but my battery was low. Did not want to spoil their fun at the last night so I decided to runaway.

And here I am now... Very very very tired. Haha... It was a very fun, but very tiring camp. And very expensive because I took taxi again to go home yesterday. I tried very hard to not fall asleep. I did it. Haha...

So what have I learnt?
1) I cannot live without sleep. Lack of sleep really makes me moody. (I slept 9 hour last night and I am still dying typing this!)
2) I am a lousy Bridge player. My partner complained! And the others said that I played a very confusing game and made it difficult for them to tell who is whom partner. Lol. Maybe at 3+ I was brain dead already. Haha...
3) I cannot dance! Exclamation mark! Neither doing the movement nor remembering the movement I can do.

The exhaustion makes me a bit depressed today. I had things on my mind and haiz... I guess I need to take life easier...

5 days to Sydney.. I had to start packing... but not before washing dirty laundry. -_-!

No comments: