Monday, January 14, 2008

Reunion

fter the not-so-enjoyable class reunion on Saturday, yesterday's reunion with my closest harmoc friends rocked! Wheeee... It's so different to meet and talk with people you are comfortable with and like versus with fake friends. Lol. I skipped lunch and was very hungry at dinner time (Ajisen Ramen plus the soft shell crab... Usually I always have the baby octopus but it's time for a change :p). Had my craving for cheesecake fulfilled at Secret Recipe also. Nice people! Let's have meeting again. I think a combined birthday celebration after our series of 12th... Lol. Then we can exchange gifts again.

Today was the first day of the new semester. Yeah... It was kind of a reunion after one month never see each other. (Unfortunately) only 5 of us had lunch at Pizza Hut. I suggested we ate at Clementi so that I could go back faster but in the end we talked and talked and gossiped until 3pm (until the waitress offered us plain water 2x). Haha.. 3 consecutive days of a lot of talking makes my mouth very tired. My throat went dry for few times be it yesterday or today. Yeah I talked a lot although my friends will say the dryness was because I spit out too much saliva (Sorry... hahaha..)

It was raining like hell as I was going back. I took 96 and had to cross the road to get to Central Library. It was like wading a river as I climbed down the stair. Could see the water flowing down the river. Lucky my shoes were not VERY wet. Printing is still a chore I hate (second to doing laundry). The library was full and I will think twice before taking any arts modules. I spent almost $20 to print. That was like almost 400pages. Crazy...

Ah.. Chinese makes me want to cry. The lesson has not even started. I wished I memorised more things last time. I guess it would help a lot. I can only count 1 to 99... Plus, wo ai ni ta mama baba da siao de and some other simple vocabs. Not more than 50 words I guess. And now I need to learn 200 words and 400 phrases??? Slit throat alr. I was so shocked when I see 1 million is said as a hundred of ten thousand in Chinese. That was damn lame -_-

This is from the forum (be it the forum or the announcements at IVLE was not update, the dates are still last sem dates):

My tutor told us upteenth time not to make sentences which will change the whole *meaning* of the word given in the making sentence section.

For example, if the word given is xue2, we cannot make a sentence using *da4 xue2* or *xue2 sheng1*. Similarly, we cannot use *ke3 neng2* if the given word is *neng2*.

So I was wondering, if the word given is *qing2*, as in *ai4 qing2* de *qing2*, how can we make a sentence out of it? Am I allowed to use *gan3 qing2* (feelings) or *ai4 qing2* then?

If I live in Harry Potter world, I will say I am taking ancient runes... It is really like reading an archaic language. I don't even remember which number is for which tone... Die liao...

No comments: