Saturday, December 22, 2007

Pontianak (Part 1)

Yes, it's part I because there will be subsequent parts.

It has been quite some time since I took a domestic flight. My impression is: I won't take domestic flight anymore. The waiting rooms are so crowded, messy, and the air is full of smoke. I had breathing difficulties. Yucks yucks... The airplane has very little leg space and that makes my whole flight experience an agony. It will be repeated again when I fly back. Haiz...

The only interesting experience was when the plane was about to land. Pontianak is not at the seaside (unlike Singapore and Jakarta's airports) so from the sea, the plane travelled towards a vast area of forest. Yeah that made me see how bad the deforestation has taken place. Well, seeing the awesome scenery made me happy FOR A WHILE! Yes, for a while only...

So far I have only been rotting here. I really hate my parents for forcing me to come here. To worsen my suffering, the light went out from 6-9pm yesterday. Holy Fish!!! When I took bath at 9 plus, the drainage system was jammed and I flooded the toilet. Haiz... Haiz...

The thing that made me happy so far was the durian yesterday. I almost ate half of the fruit. It has been ages since I ate non-frozen durian. The durian was still wet and not fibrous. Yummy yummy... It was quite frustrating to clean away my braces after that and I shall think about the extra calories and the extra pimples later on.

This morning my aunt insisted that I look like a Korean actor (I don't know his name but I think he is quite famous because I know his face) which becomes a model for dunno what song. I said no because I could not see any resemblance. Then she said 'the cheek bone and the chin are the same though your eyes are smaller'. Once I get hold of his photo, I shall put it side by side with my photo to see. Hehehe... Maybe I am destined to be a superstar to earn my money...

Aaargh.. I cannot stand the stupid internet connection! I still have 200MB of windows update that I need to download. I guess I have to wait until I return to Singapore to do so. I just want time to quickly flies away while I am stuck in this city. Sianz... 4 more days and 3 more nights.

No comments: