Saturday, August 11, 2007

O-week

Woah.... Time flew so fast. 8 months had passed by and now school is going to start soon. It has been orientation for the past week and at the end of it, I am feeling very tired.... Haiz... One thing for sure, I want to thank God for posting me into pharmacy. I am very glad that it is a very fun place. I saw the people and although it is impossible to get a zero people I hate, I believe the majority would be okay. Unlike in my JC lah. I really hope so. One thing for sure, there is no JC-domination. It is quite mixed so I believe that there will be more fun, more friendship, and less rivalry and JEALOUSY and KIASUNESS. One interesting thing I found out: there are so many familiar faces in the sense that I had seen many of the faces somewhere else or at someone else. Weird huh?

I am also glad that the people in my OG are so nice. Haha... I feel comfortable with them. And we are a very relaxed group, always came late, seldom completed any station games, and lost the games most of the time. The name is quite cute: CAREBEARS and we did not really care about the stupid cheer we had (we only had one so no choice).

First day was normal ice breaking game and station games. The games were pretty standard like spider web, picking candies in the flour, and the passing disgusting stuff from cheek to cheek (this time around were coldgate, tomato , and camouflage cream). The new games were the games inspired by the Taiwanese TV shows (the group was divided to smaller groups and each small group had to perform different task in a given time... thank goodness I got the easiest: passing a hullahoop through 6 people whose hands are joined. The last station we played was pretty disgusting: passing through 5 cups of live worms and disgusting dirt from one sleeve to the other and to the other person down the chain. Yucks... fortunately the cups were only half-filled so there was no chance the content would drop/spill. Haha... The night walk was pretty lame and we were bored to death waiting for our turn. Nothing really memorable except the embarassing moment of dancing while blindfolded. Well...whatever.... I could not sleep that night because the aircon was dead. It was super hot. And it was super cold when the aircon was working at about 3 am. Actually the problem was not the aircon. I felt uncomfortable without sleeping bag because I could feel my tailbone touching the floor. Because of this that I decided not to stay on other nights...and the distance from LT 22 to SRC for bathe is also too far. End up sweating again after bathing when walking back to the LT.

Second day was Flag Day!!! Hurray!!! It was a very boring and dreadful day. I was the only guy in my group left because the rest were ragging/dancing. The morning session was awful. I stood at wrong spot and ended up wasting my energy and my voice asking for money but getting very little. I think the seniors thought that I was slacking lor... I moved to the spot where my friends got a lot and yeah.... the problem was in the place... not in me... Hahaha... I got a lot (the can was heavy) and I felt very thick faced that day. Woah... it was very intimidating for the bus passengers that the moment the bus doors opened and they alighted, they were attacked by so many flaggers. But don't care lah. Haha... The night game was the best thing during the whole camp: candlelight soccer. Although my group was saboed by the rest, we only broke one string. It was a good achievement!!! I was a very good fire extinguisher but I was running out saliva at the end of the game. Perhaps I was not blowing but spitting at other people's candles. Hohoho...

We ended early at 3pm on Wednesday and it was pretty a boring day. There was faculty department intro (wow... the lecturers are still young and hip... it will be a very interesting learning experience here) and ultimate frisbee which I expected to be fun but turned out to be boring. Ah ya... there was a bimbo talk... Haha.. I almost forgot about that. It was more for girls but it was quite enriching lah (unfortunately I could not remember what the content of the talk leh... but I remembered that because I was rushing to go home, I forgot to take the freebies).

Thursday was a National Day Holiday so there was no camp. I went for the performance session
of the Indon orientation. Woa... I was glad that I did not went for the games session in the morning. I guess I just could not mix with the non-ex-scholars. I don't know why... I was in a bad and confused mood over some bidding stuff lah. Haiz... Don't want to talk about the bidding lah...

I guess the camp was getting more and more boring. The interesting thing on Friday was FOOD HUNT. Firstly we went to the Roti Prata House at Upper Thomson (not my first time so I was not so excited). Secondly was a normal western food at S11 near AMK Hub. Then we went to some secluded place at Potong Pasir for a mere Ice Lemon Tea -_-. Lastly we went to Tiong Bahru for Ice Kachang and dinner. No time to went for the 5th one: Nasi Briyani at 6th Avenue. The night station games were quite exciting. Woohoo...we won 3 and lost 2. We won the Balloon Stepping (though I did not step any balloon at all), finding the shoes while blindfolded (though I only found 1 shoe), and the eating cracker with disgusting (mayo+mustard+chilli) sauce (though it was because I still got time to run back to take my chopstick with me whilst my opponent just happily ran away without the chopstick). We lost the lame games lah so I don't bother to mention, except the eating watermelon. Yucks yucks yucks...

Finally, Ta ra da da: today was RAG day!!! Charade and some lame kissing games in the morning and going to Padang at about 1245. Reached there at about 130 and still had to wait for bloody 1.5 hours for the RAG to start properly. It was worth going though. Some, in fact, MANY of the floats and dances were just AMAZING. I was IMPRESSED!!! Shame on my fac's loh... The dance saved our face but the float was terrible. After so much ra ra and hoo hah about ragging, the rag sucked and the dancers who shone. Ironically, the dancers were more low profile and the float builders were like the great ones... Crazy... I am still wondering who won in the end. Haha... I brought sunburns as my souvenir. And I am feeling very sad because I ate something wrongly. My body shows allergic reactions: red spots on my upper arms. I hope my body will detox tomorrow and the red spots are gone by tomorrow...

Okay... I gues that's all. I am tired liao.

No comments: