Monday, July 30, 2007

Still about Harry Potter

Yihaa.... I am almost finishing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I only have about 50 pages left in my e-book version (about 5 more chapters to go). I was reading it last night and could not stop because the war part is so cool! JK Rowling rocks!!! I hope the movie will turn out to be good (unlike the war in the 5th installment). I suggest hiring Peter Jackson and don't give a damn if it is necessary to make the movie even five hour long. Hehehe... I shall continue and finish reading it tonight.

Since Harry Potter series has come to an end, now I am wanting to make my collection all in English. Thus I need to hunt for the first 4 books. I should have done this when the first time I came to Singapore 4 years ago because now the first edition is almost none in existence. The later print has suckier paper. I have to be satisfied with the thin 'yellow' paper. It is still better than the ugly dark greyish paper versions. Though the thin 'yellow' paper versions have very disgusting covers (holograms with hologram stars in the cover.... Yucks!). The Prisoner of Azkaban is almost certain to be bought soon. The Chamber of Secrets is very rare but I saw none of the Philosopher's Stone and the Goblet of Fire. Dang!!!!

Hurray... it's a toy fair again at Taka B2. No Saint Seiya figurines that I am aiming for (Cancer and Aquarius) but I found new 'waste of money thing': a sheet of paper with Gundam Seed Destiny pictures costing $5 each. Dammit :( My bad habit of unwise spending still prevails. Sigh...

My process of shifting in to PGP is 70% compelete. It will only be 100% on Wednesday. Tomorrow I have to rush for my Student's Pass application (I hope I can make it). I am not sure whether I had written about my new hostel before. It has a condo-like environment. My room itself is quite small but quite huge for 1 person (I am contradicting myself). The only problem is: it is hot!!! The windows are opened upwards (not sideways) so how the heck the wind can blow in. Another eyesore is some sellotape markings on the WINDOWS!!!! Grossssss!!!! I checked the toilet and hey... it is clean and good (I hope the rest of the people can keep it clean) and spacious. Whew... The only problem with the facilities is the absence of IRON (and thus IRONING BOARD). I can't believe that I have to buy an iron (my stuff is already like 6 luggages) and iron on the table. It's a mad mad world. I also did not found the railing to dry/hang my laundry. Ah well...overall I am happy with my new place. I hope the friends and the lessons will be cool too. Ah... School is starting...

No comments: