Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter

I am suffering from Harry Potter fever. It was particularly bad last week because I had not watched the Order of Phoenix (I just watched it today) and it was exciting to wait for the Deathly Hallows to come out on Saturday (even though I did not buy it). I even had a dream in Harry Potter world and had a fight with Malfoy (perhaps I went mad but not mad enough to dream that I was as a character in the series... nope... I was myself in my dream). Such magic that JK Rowling (and Harry Potter) has. No wonder anti-Potters will say that the story and the magic is dangerous. It was not because of Harry Potter actually. I guess I was too tired after my flight. Because the next night, I was dreaming that I was in another fantasy land. This time it was Ryuroden (Legenda Naga). Again, I had something to do with the bad character again: Qing Long.

Okay, it's time to back into reality. Harry Potter 5 movie is bad as what many people said. Although it has not lost its magic touch, there are too many parts being cut or being altered. Too many that I am so lazy to list them down here. Cuih... I wonder what the stupid director was thinking. He did not want to make the movie longer than 2.5 hours. For goodness sake...the 5th book IS the longest book in the series. How can he gave the same show time as the 1st one? Idiotic!!! Amongst his so many stupidities, the only thing I find very UNFORGIVABLE is that the final battle in the Department of Mystery is bad...ugly...fugly...!!! The pace was too fast. I could not comprehend what was going on (it was ok in the book though) and the battle between the Order and the Death Eaters were merely black and white clouds flying and zapping here and there.

About the book: EXPENSIVE. Haha... It's the fault of the major bookstores that when the paperback is out, they slashed the harcover prices to as low as 10 dollars. I shall wait for another 6-8 months. To save money. Haha... But I guess by the time the price falls to 20dollars, I will just buy it. Anyway, I have the online version which I am pretty sure that it is authentic. Thanks to the person with nothing to do who typed the whole book. Lol... I am still pretty reluctant to read it because it will be to taxing for my eyes. But let's see until when I can tahan not to read or not to buy.

Haha...for now on, I guess I will crave my hunger for Harry Potter by buying the sticker book. As usual...

No comments: