Thursday, April 19, 2007

Medicine + Organ

It's been a long time since the last time I wrote. Or maybe, it SEEMS to be very long. While I am already free this week (I no longer work), there are many things going on which I need to prepare. On Monday, I went for a one day job to fold letters and put them into envelopes. I was told that there were 4000 letters but in reality, there were only about 3700 of them. I felt quite bad to my friend who asked me to help because I think I was rushing to finish the job asap while he was trying to make it as slow as possible. The pay is $6/hr and I think he needed money quite urgently. Haha... Anyway he could not blame me fully because it was quite silly to delay the job. I mean how long can you slow down the job of folding papers into 2? Sorry but I did not want to make myself look silly by continuously rubbing and caressing the stupid pieces of paper :p After the job, I had dinner with Monic and Dismas. I just realised that the shortlisted candidates for medicine were informed by POST. How can I expect this if even the NUS booklet says 'notified via E-MAIL'. So after the dinner (and all the reminiscence of CJCH life), I checked the mail at my place and yup... I got it. Phew...I don't know whether I should feel happy or what. But I am not optimistic or very confident about this. I wonder whether it is because I am too lethargic lately or it is pure low self-esteem. Haiz... Next step, I need to prepare the documents for portfolio, make 6 copies, send (though in the end I delivered it personally so that I can know the interview venue), and get ready for the essay test, psychometric test, and the worst of all: the interviews. Personally I don't think these are necessary because some people are just good actors and actresses (who may win Oscars if they were really to pursue acting as their career) that they can just bluff all the way and get into the course. After that... TADAAA....!!! all their shit appears. Haiz... Can't complain... Can't do anything about it. I am just too honest and too stubborn to choose not gonna lie and not gonna bluff. So I really think I will not be selected. But nobody knows. Hopefully the interviewers can see my honesty.

I signed up to be an organist at a church last weekend and I really did not expect that they would call so quickly. Right in the midst of my hurricane-wrecked mind on Monday morning, the phone rang to tell me to prepare for the audition. Now I feel very stupid because actually here I don't have any organ. So how the hell can I practice? I don't know lah... if God does not want me to serve him this way then let Him have his ways. Today I went to Emma's place to get the scores (I was thinking of The Skater Waltz and now I might use The Entertainer) and to practice using piano. I think it was no use. Piano and organ are just too different!! I hope the organ at Donny's place is still alright. Tonight I will try. If I really cannot get hold of any organ before Saturday, I am really in a deep trouble.

No comments: