Saturday, February 17, 2007

La la la la la la....

There are 2 special occasions which fall on this week. However, both are just ordinary days for me.

First is Valentine’s Day. This is a special day for the lovers and because I am still single (and still want to be free) so there is nothing for me to celebrate. Haha... At the evening, my parents and I went to Raa Cha, a weird Thailand restaurant. The food was suki and barbeque but it was a bit pricey (the serving size was not equivalent to the cost). The meat and the steamboat etc were quite normal and usual. The only thing which caught my attention was the drink. They have varieties of normal drinks but after I saw how they look like, the drinks were unusual. The ice tea was more like tea+milk and the green tea that I ordered was way too SWEET! Such a disappointment >.<

Second is Chinese New Year (which is tomorrow). Because I am not so into cheenah stuff, I don't really find this day as something to celebrate, except that I would be getting a lot of ang paus!!! Hahaha... The visit to relatives will not be so special because I think that my extended family is quite close as a whole. We know one another well and contact one another quite frequently throughout this year. I guess this celebration is really for families whose members live far away from one another and for families in competitive countries (such as Singapore, Hong Kong) where the daily routines are so time-consuming and thus the families are rarely in touch. By the way the picture is for ilustration purpose only because I don't even know what it means. Haha...but I know it is upside down because it is meant to be read from the God of Fortune or something like that from the heaven above. Hahaha...

There is something weird with the postings here. The enter to change paragraph does not seem to be working. I just realise this as usually I only copied and pasted my entries which I had typed using Microsoft Word first. But hey...in November, I typed all my entries using the blogger what... Okay after numerous trials, I have decided that this is stupid!!! What I saw at the non-preview is very different from the preview screen. I think I must change the html setting but my vision blurs as I read the incomprehendable html codes... Haiz... How come got div? I thought 'enter' should be br... Haha..if I wrote the proper html code then on the page will appear as the enter and as the space or whatever. Okay I am confused here and I am sure so are you! And to my horror...the preview page and the page at the actual blog differ too!!! I give up!

Today I helped my dad to clean up the mess from my aunt's house which was flooded. I found some game cd-roms which I always like (since 10 years ago) such as Virtua Fighter and Mortal Kombat. Unfortunately, I could not install the cds. Maybe the cds are spoilt already because of the flood. But some cds are still working just find. There is this christmas album (I know christmas is over) which is quite nice. I thought it was an instrumental album but to my disappointment, there are only 4 instrumental songs. Only 2 of them are nice (I ripped them to the laptop.. Hahaha...). So yup...it was quite disappointing.

It seems that the date of A level result release will be 2 March instead of next friday. It is quite late but I prefer that because it means I have another week here. I packed up my playstation already (it means that I am not gonna play it anymore this holiday) so I guess I will be watching my animes again.

I finished my Romance of the 3 Kingdoms already!!! Hurray..it took me 16 years (in the game of course) or 4 days to unite China. Huahaha... I am really satisfied. I thought it would be impossible to complete that scenario. Although I used a little bit of cheat (like controlling the enemy's armies when my cities were attacked), it was a fulfilling thing.

I just read a mail from Borders that if I pre-order Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, I will get a bonus of an Owl plush. After I read more into the offer, I found out that the plush worths $6.90 only. Haiz... I better wait for the price to drop until about $10 like book 6. That will save me more than $30 and I can get 4 owls!!!

To end this, I wish a HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR. May success, good health, prosperity, good fortune be with you this year (For me this sentence means I hope that my A level results will be brilliant!!!, I can get into a university faculty which is the best for my future career and life, I will get a lot of money and will always be lucky) Hehehe...

No comments: