Saturday, January 13, 2007

talk talk talk write write write

Whew…today I have A LOT to say. Haha… Firstly I am just aware that my eyes’ health is deteriorating. I used to be able to play playstation up to 5hrs nonstop but nowadays I play for 2 hrs only and my eyes feel like popping out. My prayers for an improved eye sight have never been answered. Currently, I’m replaying Vanguard Bandits. I did not complete it the first time I played it a few years ago. It was just too difficult. Hopefully this time I am luckier and more skillful in playing the game.

Today I went for Brazilian buffet at Churasco. Ouw…almost walked out of the restaurant initially because I thought the meat stuff would be served. However, the meat would only be served after I asked for it (it was still a buffet though) so that the meal was still piping hot when it arrives on the table. It was quite true that once I ate the meat, they were quite warm. If the restaurant were to put the meat as buffet on the long table, everyone would be eating cold dish! The promotion says there are 20 plus different kinds of meaty food. I counted and there were only about 10 dishes served. However, they were enough to make me full J And because the buffet had to be “ordered” first, the feeling of fullness was not too bad. I could still walk after that. Haha.. The soup was great too (I took 2 servings) but the other stuff were bullshit. Not nice at all. I ended up eating banana fritters. Hahaha… Overall, it was a pleasure to dine there and I don’t mind returning there.

I met Eli, Anie, Shiany, and Leony (I almost forgot her name because I always call her via her nickname = Meinyol.. Lol.. That makes me remember the good old junior high school days) twice. The first time before I had my lunch and I did not see them clearly. They shouted my name (quite loudly) after I by passed them about 50m away. Wohoho… At a later time we met again after my lunch and we had a good chat. They asked me to take photo but my hair (and hence my appearance as a whole) IS in a pathetic state right now. I never feel ugly like this. Phew…I’m waiting for the outing with my primary school friends (hopefully it won’t be cancelled). Comparing my social life in Indo and Singapore, it is just so ironic and contrasting. I have so many friends here but so few there >.<

I was horrified that gradually my linguistic ability in English has decreased. I forgot the word “torture”. Gosh…how can it be???

The great album that I like to hear right now is Tommy Page’s Greatest Hits. Wow..there are so many GREAT songs about love such as Madly in Love, I’m Falling in Love (I’m falling in love…my dreams are coming true…), and Shoulder to Cry On (when you need a shoulder to cry on…when you need a friend to rely one…). It is quite sad that nowadays western music has become worse and worse. Btw, I looked at the cover and the album was released at about 1985. ??? I don’t know… Hahaha…

I want to talk about the recent hoo-hah about low cost carrier aka cheapo airlines regarding the very last incident of Adam Air. Haiz…I always hated budget airlines. Let me share some horror stories about budget airlines which may make you re-think your airline preferences:

1) Delays are often.

2) I shan’t name it but a budget airline will give you no seating. Thus the experience of finding seats will be equal to finding seats in a public bus or public train if you try using this airline. Everybody will just try and to fight to be the first to enter the plane and get the best seats. Haha… Plane fare for public bus’ experience???

3) The price + pay for excess baggage = the price for “not-cheap” airlines. Ah ya don’t forget that your safety is at stake too. (I remember the headline in the newspaper FLYING CHEAP = YOUR LIFE IS FLYING AWAY and the sub headline LOW COST CARRIER = LOST SAFETY).

4) According to the e-mail my sister received, budget airlines often use AGED planes. The e-mail says that airplanes, which are more than 10 years old, may be likened to 40-50 year old human beings. Ew….

5) This shocking thing occurred to me and to one of my friends (it means there were 2 separate incidents). If you are ‘lucky’ and get to sit at the emergency window…tada…the life of the whole passengers may lie in your hands. The one sitting exactly next to the window will be briefed by the stewardess on how to OPEN the emergency window and the one sitting at the aisle will be told on how to block/prevent other passengers from rushing towards the emergency window IF there is any emergency. Gosh…can you imagine how shocking is that??? My mum joked “then no time for you to put on your life jacket” while I think that “as if in emergency your head is clear enough to remember how to open the window”. Haha…related to point no 3, you can doubt whether the window can be opened actually.

6) Okay, this is the most horrifying story I ever heard. One of my seniors experienced this. In mid-air, for one second or two, the engine DIED off (in planes, the roaring of the engines is very obvious to the passengers). WHAT THE… You may think that he was hallucinating but…all passengers were aware of that as suddenly silence came to the plane aka people stopped chit-chatting..

Erm…I don’t hate budget airlines or what but I guess these are experiences you need to know. I shall never use it anymore!!!

No comments: