Saturday, January 27, 2007

My Anime Personifications




I think that these two anime characters best depict both of my double personalities.

Heero is similar to me at the times when I am in a bad mood. He is not very sociable (tends to be personally distant) but is very loyal to his friends. He is cold and seems to be very unfriendly as he focuses more on his duties (though I may not be as dutiful as him) and will do anything to complete his tasks. He comes across as being heartless as he seldom shows his feelings and thus making him a “perfect soldier” in the anime. These traits are so like me. Those who know me will agree with my words above. Lol. Our physical appearance is quite similar (Don’t you think so??) with black and quite messy hair. He wears knee-length shorts in the anime (and jeans in the movie). While I don’t really fancy jeans, I do love wearing shorts, which are much shorter than what he wears. I prefer slack clothing than tight one too! Wow…I never expect that there would be such fictional character who can be so similar to me. The only difference between us (hahaha…I’m talking as if he is a real person) is our physical abilities. He has 2X physical prowess than normal human being while mine is ½ than that of normal human. So I guess I’m not so talented in the brawn side but I am confident that I am better at the brain side.

Eiji is a new character I like due to the similarities I have with him (except the sports department!!!) when I’ve gone crazy. Eiji always smiles in the anime, is talkative often jokes without thinking the consequences in advance (aka can be insensitive). From the way he plays his tennis, I can also tell that he is quite selfish and immature. The similarities are less as compared to Heero but perhaps I like this character because it shows the type of person I like to be my friend. Fiuh…truthfully I am tired of guys who don’t like to talk or joke. Boring boring… No wonder I feel that I am more connected to girls as they love to talk nonsense. One part in the anime I like about him is when he fights with Oishi (his double partner) because of his childish words and actions. In the end, everything goes back to normal because he is just to talkative to restrain his mouth from speaking to Oishi. Hehehe..

Actually, there is another anime character I like which is Conan. Hohoho… I like him only because he wears glasses and he is super smart. But attitude and characteristics wise, I don’t really feel any similarities lah.

Hahaha…this lame entry is inspired from a radio talk show regarding “imaginary friends” that children have, especially those who are feeling lonely. And guess what, the expert says that it is good to have “imaginary friends”. Haha…while I am glad that I am normal, I am quite sad with the fact that I feel lonely. Nowadays, friends don’t just come so easily.

I am watching Virtua Fighter right now. Currently, there are 3 vcds left and that’s all. The last time I watched it was 5 years ago (or 6) and I have almost forgotten everything about it. The artwork is not so nice (and worsens towards the later episode) and I hate the opening song, ending song, as well as the bullshit Akira always says before fights). But I don’t regret watching it because I always put a very strict selection on animes that I buy. I only keep those with “re-watch” value. Otherwise, I will throw the vcds/dvds already.

One more comic title is down as Kyo has ended. Quite sad but from seeing the design of the cover of the last book and the absence of any summary behind made me realise that no 38 would be the last one. And it is true!!! It has been a long journey (4 years plus which means the first volume came out at about the time I left for Singapore) and I already forgot the earlier parts of the stories. I have to re-read all soon.

I heard from Emma rumors about O level results will be out on the 5th of February. That means A level will be about a week later. I hope these rumors are false as I don’t want to go back to reality of being a student again this soon. I also do not want to miss the fifth time to do “angpau harvest”.

No comments: