Monday, December 11, 2006

Nothing much

Fiuh…today I managed to dig out my Harry Potter books from one of my boxes. Gosh.. the hologram wore off. The books were dusty and the pages are turning yellow. It sucks, man! All my books are turning yellow. Some of my comics too. But the books I bought in Singapore are the worst. I guess the more expensive the paper is, the easier for it to be oxidized (aka turning yellow). I don’t know how long they can last.

I also found out that I have another 20 floppy disks. That means I have 50 floppy disks in total right now. Haha… Now I have to check them out to make sure that there is no virus as well as to check the files, if there is any. I’m sure some of them must be thrown away! The sound that the disk drive made during the scanning was quite scary. Perhaps, it’s the lousy standard of the disks!

Hey…it’s done. There are files inside the disks. It’s my Gundam pictures collection. Wow.. I’m so happy. This reminds me of the crazy days when I surfed the net like crazy. A hundred plus of Gundam pictures and some Cardcaptor Sakura pictures. It’s too bad that my previous super duper lousy computer had no disk writer so I could only save very small percentages of my files there. No song could be saved though >.< It will take months to download the songs again and I can’t even remember what songs are there. About 50+ downloaded songs, I think, and about 10 Japanese albums are there. Ah…remembering this only makes me wanna cry.

During dinner, I complained to my parents about my sad social life in Singapore. What my dad said really strike me. The scholars are smart, hence we have high ego and are independent. No wonder I feel that all the “scholarly” friendship is bullshit! Though actually I’m sincere in my friendships…as long as I find suitable people whom I can easily connect with. Yah…basically that is the greatest regret I have by going Singapore for study. High school age should be the time to make long-lasting friendships but what I got is the contrary.

Hmm…I guess this will be my shortest entry so far. Usually I write after 2 or 3 days and thus there are more things to say. Today I didn’t really do a lot of stuff to write here.

No comments: